PDA

View Full Version : Lots from Scotland - Want to meet up?

Under~The~Stars
25-01-07, 15:09
Hey guys,

I've just been looking through some of the threads to do with Scottish meet ups, and I think it's only happened once - am I right?

Was reading through each thread and it turns out there are at least 24 of us on NMP from Scotland! This is including the people who have written on the threads and people who I have spoken to in chat.

So from that information was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up? I am quite happy to arrange this if you can all get back to me! :D

I live just outside Edinburgh. Can you get back to me if you are interested in meeting and let me know where you stay in Scotland?

Would be good to hear from you all! :D

Take care,

Louise xxx ;)

tommythomson
25-01-07, 18:08
Hi Lou

I live in Ayrshire. It would depend on where and when the meet up is but i'm up for it!

T

jitterbug
25-01-07, 20:04
if its edinburgh then yeah probunly cos i dont need money to get there when were u thinking of having a meet , weekend?

mano

Coni
25-01-07, 21:13
Hi, I stay between glasgow and edinburgh so either would be ok for me, although I would need a bit of notice to arrange babysitters. I didnt realise there were so many scottish people on here.

And i probably will need to muster all my courage as well as social occasions arent my strong point. Still would like to come though if thats ok.

Coni X

heidi
25-01-07, 21:46
Hey Lou,
All i need is a jet to get me there and back...thats the only thing i need !!
So if i can come up with a jet i'll be there . Don't hold your breath on this though :D

heidi (judi)

Under~The~Stars
25-01-07, 23:20
Hey guys, quite pleased with the replies I've been getting :D

So far 2 people have pm'd me and you guys have replied to the topic.

Will see where everyone is from and and try and get a location that suits. :D

Glad to hear that you are all interested, will defo get something sorted!

Any suggestions or ideas - just throw them my way LOL

Heidi - I so wish you could come!! I'll fly over and pick you up myself LOL that will be right!! But you know that I would if I could!! :D

Take care,

Louise xxx

tommythomson
26-01-07, 19:32
Hi Lou

We could meet up at Alton Towers!

lol

T:D:D:D:D

Under~The~Stars
26-01-07, 19:44
Tommy thats a fantastic idea LOL :D:D:D

However, I would have to arrange it for about 10 years time LOL as I can only drive in my car - can't get on any public transport and I really don't fancy driving all that way by myself LOL ;)

So lets make it 10 years time??!! HA HA HA HA HA [^]

Tommy you're a funny guy!! Any more suggestions LOL? :D

Lou xxx

happyone
26-01-07, 21:19
I would like to meet up. I too would need to muster a bit of courage as social occassions are not my strong point either, but hey, we're all in the same boat eh? I am Edinburgh too. City Centre is not my strong point, but no barrier is insurmountable, I would get there somehow, even by taxi to save anx.
Happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

Granny Primark
26-01-07, 21:23
Bril idea tommy.
My hubbys a bus driver and does the alton towers route most days.
Get yerselves down to stoke and hel sneak you on his bus for free.

Take care
LYNN xx

Coni
26-01-07, 23:47
I have to say Alton Towers sounds great but theres no way I could drive there...I couldnt even drive to Glasgow or Edinburgh....Id need to get the train or bus...I'm such a wimp lol!

luv Coni x

tommythomson
27-01-07, 15:48
What actually happens on a meet up?
Should we do bowling or lunch or something?
Should we bevvy to be more relaxed?
Once we set some kind of foundation for the meet the rest should fall into place.

What you think guys?

T:):):)

Under~The~Stars
27-01-07, 20:12
To be honest with you I'm not entirely sure what happens on a meet up [:I]

However, I think the suggestion of lunch and bowling and bevvying (for whoever wants to) sounds like a good plan :D

Ok for whoever is interested can you just let me know what area in Scotland you live in and maybe a suggestion as to where to meet and what you would like to do! :D

As this will give us a better idea and get the ball rolling :D

Thanks,

Lou xxx

Lucy36
28-01-07, 16:38
Hi guys [8D]

Yeah im definitely up for a meet... i have been to a few meet ups in the past through another website and they;ve worked out pretty well.. ps i landed up drunk thou. lol but i;ll def do this one if theres a few up for it.. im in glasgow but im able to travel to ayrshire or edinburgh or anywhere in between..

I think wat would be a good idea to if anyone wants to bring there partner or if theres anyone who needs to bring there kids im sure with louise this would be ok, just for support.. is this ok with you louise.?

pub dinner, bowling, anything at all im up for it.

Louise i must admit i need plenty of notice thou.. maybe arrange it for a month or so down the line.. im coming down to edinburgh about 5-8 weeks time.. so if its edinburgh ppl are meeting that would be fine with me.

If anyone wants to add me to there msn to chat its hollyandlady@hotmail.co.uk feel free. [:I]

Hope everyones ok
take care
lucy from Glasgow xxx

Under~The~Stars
29-01-07, 10:54
Hey guys,

Firstly, I just want to say that Lucy I'm really pleased that you mentioned about going to meet ups before and that it has run smoothly :D

I think your idea of bringing partners or kids is a great idea, for anyone who wants to, just for that extra support - however, there is no pressure to bring anyone if you don't want to, but the option is there :D I think I will come alone, but not sure yet.

Another thig is Coni social occasions are not great for me either so we will all just need to stick together on this one and help each other out if we begin to feel anxious - after all we will all be feeling the same LOL :D And I would love you to come Coni - it will be a laugh if nothing else! I'm sure Tommy will agree LOL :D

Happyone, when we get it arranged we could maybe arrange a taxi or something for both of us since we live so near to each other?! I'm still looking for you down the wine aisle in tesco LOL [8D] I can't get on a bus, and don't really fancy driving, however will see how it goes?

Lynn, I will take you up on that offer in about 10 years time! :D:D

Lou xxx

Under~The~Stars
29-01-07, 11:00
I forgot to ask - how is everyone for getting through to Edinburgh? Or is it too far for anyone? I'm just trying to find a location and a lot of you have mentioned Edinburgh. Edinburgh would be best for me, however what about everyone else?

What about arranging it for March or April time as Lucy I think you could possibly make it then? And Dee I think is coming up to Scotland then? I'm sure thats what you said to me in chat Dee?

So, how is Edinburgh around March or April time? We could go for lunch and go bowling or something and a pub. I won't be drinking, however, whoever wants to drink can and who doesn't want to doesn't have to?

Get back to me on what you think guys, thanks :D

Lou xxx

Lucy36
29-01-07, 14:36
hi louise :D

Yeah im up for it.. saturday would be my best day thou.. coz partner isnt working on saturdays and he could bring me through. [xx(]

hope to hear from yous soon
take care
lucy

kittykat
29-01-07, 19:23
Hi Louise,

That sounds like great fun, anywhere in scotland would suit as im pretty central, looking forward to it , pm me if you need any help.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Lucy36
29-01-07, 21:43
hi shirley

where abouts in scotland are you.. im in glasgow.??

Louise edinburgh is fine with me

take care
lucy x

kittykat
29-01-07, 22:22
Hey lucy ,

i'm in falkirk , kind of in the middle between glasgow and edinburgh............

xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

happyone
30-01-07, 09:57
yeah lou
we can get there together!
happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

janeyK9
03-02-07, 21:22
Hiya, i would love to meet up. I could probably manage edinburgh by train. I live a half hour train ride from glasgow. Would need plenty notice as i don't get any holidays at uni, tho i am free most weekends. Would be nice to meet others who know what i'm going through :)

Janey

Under~The~Stars
04-02-07, 15:11
Hi guys,

I would just like to say that there have been a lot of replies regarding the meet up which is great.

I am no longer going to be able to go to the meet up as I am going away for a while. However, I want you lot to meet up and have a really great time. Sorry I can't be there.

And I mean it when I say - have a great time!

Sorry again.

Take care everyone.

Lou xxx

happyone
10-02-07, 17:48
Hi fellow Scots!

Do you know when you say something that seems like a good idea at the time? Later on you get to thinking about it and think 'AAAGGGHHH, I can't do that!'[:o)]
While I like the idea of a Scottish meet up and I was all keen for it originally, I think I would be the one that backs out at last minute.[:I] I like the anonimity that this site offers and I don't generally do very well on face to face meetings with people I don't know.:(
Please don't be offended anyone, but I am going to backtrack on my original enthusiasm for a meet.[:O]
I would rather say now than have anyone planning something and being disappointed at people not turning up who said they would.

Long winded as usual!

Happyone
xx

"Just for today I will not worry. Just for today I will not anger" Dr Usui, founder of Reiki

jude uk
05-03-07, 17:31
I am in Glasgow and like everyone else am open to meeting up....

miseire
05-03-07, 17:54
i awilling to travelm from glasgow and want to find aboutmeetings about panic /aneiexy

Under~The~Stars
19-03-07, 18:54
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted here for a while :blush:

Really sorry about not getting a meet up arranged, have had loads of stuff to deal with recently.

Tommy, I haven't spoken to you in ages! How are you doing? I've missed you in chat! :winks:

Is everyone doing ok? Really sorry again that I've not posted any more about a meet up. Will possibly try and get something arranged if I'm brave enough.

jitterbug
01-04-07, 13:00
no need to appologise lou hun you have to do whats most important for you ;) so whats happening with the meet? have decided on a date?

Under~The~Stars
01-04-07, 19:16
(((((MANO)))))

How are you doing? I've not been doing too great recently, but picking up a bit I think (I hope).

I haven't decided on a date or anything, nothing has been arranged.

If anyone is interested let me know?

Mano, will need to catch up - hope you have a nice break for Easter pal, you deserve it :hugs:

janeyK9
19-04-07, 10:48
Hi,

I would like to meet up too :) . I live in Dunbartonshire (near glasgow) but could travel as far as edinburgh.

Janey

LucidExistance
30-04-07, 20:53
Hello all,

I live in the Ayrshire part of Scotland a little bit away from Glasgow but would still really like to go to a meet up at some point :)

Granny Primark
30-04-07, 21:23
Im hopefully coming up to scotland at the end of june. Thats if im brave enough to go that far away from home.
Id love to meet up with my wee scottish friends.
Im going to coatbridge just outside glasgow. (my god thats going be a challenge and a half)

Take care
LYNN xx

Coni
30-04-07, 21:34
Hi Lyn,

I'm really near coatbridge...used to work there..where are you travelling from

luv Coni XX

Granny Primark
30-04-07, 21:58
Stoke on Trent coni.
Its a long trip that weve normally done by train.
Ive got some fantastic friends who live in mitchell street who I havent seen in 2 years.
Me and me hubby are desperate to see them again this year. Im sure if I can make it to Scotland Il have conquered my panic attacks.

Take care
LYNN xx

darkangel
30-04-07, 23:17
hi
im not far from glasgow either so would defo like to meet up

luv darkangel x

Under~The~Stars
06-05-07, 19:45
Hey guys,

Time for a meet up then I think lol? :)

Lynn, it would be really great to meet you. I hope you manage up to Scotland at the end of June, what an achievement that will be for you, and seeing your friends in Glasgow is great motivation! :winks:

I've spoken to another member on here, who would be coming to the meet up, she has exams on just now until the end of May, so June onwards for her, and June for you too Lynn? Everyone ok for the end of June?

Is Edinburgh ok for people?

Just post if you are interested, and will see how many folk want to go.

Happy, you ok for this mate?

Lou xxx

happyone
06-05-07, 20:02
We're getting there together Lou!

happyone
xx

Under~The~Stars
06-05-07, 20:13
We sure are pal! :D Coz knowing me I would get lost trying to find wherever I am going on my own! :yesyes: And that is not a joke! :winks: Would be good going together anyway.

Lou xxx :hugs:

feartie
11-05-07, 19:53
Hi,

I just joined today, but haven't written a "hello" email yet... I'm in Edinburgh and would be up for meeting you guys at the end of June...

Fx

greenfairywishes
15-05-07, 12:31
Hey there

i live in glasgow and would be quite up for meeting people from NMP.

I think we should have a giant picnic on the bonnie shores of loch lomond lol BYOB!

laura:yesyes:

riverblue
18-05-07, 15:29
Yea meeting up with those you chat to would be fun

Sus
24-05-07, 10:08
Hello, Im in Scotland and might be interested in coming along, depending where you hold it. Sus

panicdiva
03-06-07, 20:23
Hi, meeting up sounds good. I live in between Glasgow & Edinburgh too.

kittykat
04-06-07, 11:27
Hey Louise,

As you can see , never posted for a while, but would still love to meet up with everyone and end of June / July sounds great.

xx

Under~The~Stars
05-06-07, 16:04
OK folks, lots of people are interested in meeting up, so end of June/beginning of July in Edinburgh ok for people? If you can just let me know if you can make it, and then can think of a place to go? Any suggestions on where to go in Edinburgh would be appreciated :D

Lou xxx

cookiesncream
18-06-07, 17:57
I know I might be a bit late now but would love to meet up. Edinburgh is fine. I had a suggestion. Why not meet up at a hotel for a NMP party or something???? Invite NMP members and hire a room or something?? :)

just a wee suggestion

Thanks

Cookie
xxxxxxxx:flowers:

neonpink_smurf
19-06-07, 14:22
hi! I'm living in glasgow at the mo and would be up for meeting too