PDA

View Full Version : palpatations and pregnancy

sue447
25-01-07, 15:10
hi,
can anyone advise me please, ive suffered with anxiety for years on and off and palpitations come and go but since ive become pregnant,ive had them at some point every day, i dont know if this is normal or not and im a bit worried about them, do you get them more frequently if your pregnant ? thanks for reading
luv sue xx

ceecee
25-01-07, 15:43
hi sue
do you know if you are anemic as when i was anemic(due to heavy periods sorry!)i had palpitations too.and i know a lot of pregnant women do have anemia as lots sre prescribed iron tablets.
hope this helps a little
good luck with the pregnancy!whens the little one due?
take care
rach x

honeybee3939
25-01-07, 18:31
Hi sue

Heres a link that may help hun.

Pregnancy/anx
Pregnancy & panic (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5354)

Also Sue if you put the word "pregnancy" in the search facility at the top of the page, you may find topics of interest also.

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Elle
25-01-07, 18:53
I had palpitations quite often with my first child but not so frequently with the others. These palpitations were not linked to anxiety then as far as I could tell. They just came and went and I accepted that they came more frequently because I was pregnant. Think about it - the baby is draining you of nutrients, your hormones are radically different and a growing baby is shoving your intestines to one side, pushing up your diaphragm and compressing your lungs and heart.

It's hard work carrying a baby, although very rewarding. I didn't find it surprising that I got heartburn and palpitations but if it worries you then tell your doctor.

Elle

sue447
26-01-07, 09:19
thanks guys,
i lost a baby 2 years ago and my anxiety peaked it was awfall for a year after, my anxiety has calmed down a lot before i got pregnant, but the palpatations have got a bit worse, i seem to be getting them at some point every day,where as before i got pg i didnt get them much thanks for your replys
luv sue xx

kimmiepie
27-01-07, 05:50
Hi! With my 3rd pregnancy I had constant palpitations the first and last few months. Sometimes it beat so fast I'd call my doctor who told me it was okay. I also had ectopics VERY bad. I had 2 ekgs, halter monitor etc etc They got better as time went on, getting bad (but not as bad) at the end. They also continued during nursing but not as often. I'm still nursing (11 months later) and very rarely get them now. I was convinced I was going to die from the pregnancy though. My delivery was perfect, not a single problem with my heart. You will be fine!

Pregnancy MAJORlY makes this worse. It is normal. You *will* get through it without anything happening to you. I wish someone had told me that. Do NOT worry. :)

Wilburis
28-01-07, 23:00
Hi Sue

Congratulations on the pregnancy. Im also pregnant but only 10 weeks.

I feel that my anxiety has risen since being pregnant. Im constantly feeling my heart thud, sometimes so much it feels like Im being rocked!

How far gone are you? Are you on any meds?

At the moment I constantly feel a heavy weight under my ribs.

DO you suffer with any other symtoms?

Take care - Liz xx

sue447
03-02-07, 15:57
thanks lizzie im not on any medication but i do seem to be suffering with anxiety symptoms some i cant explain ive put it down to hormones im 16 weeks now luv sue xx