PDA

View Full Version : rib tenderness

herbie73
15-05-15, 19:45
Hi all, I haven't posted for sometime, have really improved, I do still have my moments but they don't last long, like at the moment i have been getting rib pain on the right side, not unbearable, but enough to bug me, also I find where the tenderness comes from if i push on it gently it sort of cracks, and where I've been prodding I'm now convinced that I have a small lump there, however my ribs do feel kind of lumpy on both sides, Iknow this is probably another unfounded problem, but iI just wanted to post about it,and see if anyone else gets this, since my ha started in Nov I have found so many lumps and bumps that normal people wouldn't even know were there, I'm on the mend but i need to stop searching for problems xx

Toby2000
15-05-15, 19:49
You may be making it hurt more prodding it? I know that was the case with me and my abdominal tenderness :)

I'm sure you're fine, but if you're worried try and see a doctor

Toby

Sam123
15-05-15, 19:54
Hi,

I would definitely set yourself a goal to go a day without touching it, then another day ect because prodding even if done lightly will make you feel all sorts.
I can advise on the rib pain, i get a lot of tenderness around my left rib case and this is due to IBS flare ups, it does feel uncomfortable as if something is in there, and sometimes tender to touch.

VickyC
17-05-15, 09:30
I've had a lot of rib pain too, and the doctor told me that rib pain is 'classic anxiety'. It definitely gets worse when you prod it, so try not to (I know it's easier said than done!)