PDA

View Full Version : Big black circles in front of my eyes

Earthmum
16-05-15, 06:20
Guys I woke up at around 5 am and went into my kitchen to get a drink of water, as I went back into my hallway I went to switch off the bathroom light and noticed something on the ceiling above the bright light bulb I realised it was a creepy crawlie ( we live in the Med.)and was tryin to focus hard to see what kind of creature it was, as I switched the light off and went to walk back to my bedroom , the hallway was full of big black circles , I kept blinking but it wouldn't go away, I went into my bedroom and it was still happening , this is all happening in the dark by the way!... Well I went into a full blown panic and my heart started to beat so fast I went back to the kitchen and washed my face with cold water and once I put the lights back on the circles disappeared!
What happened there? This is not floaters, these were just big saucer sized orbs in front of my eyes? Do you think the bright light in the bathroom then going into a darkened room had somethijg to do with the weird vision I experienced , usually if I've been in the sun too long then I come back in everything looks dark and we know that's normal but this was strange and has scared me any ideas? Thank you sorry for the long detailed story :(

Kayl
16-05-15, 18:41
Probably when you look at the light and then turned it off, I have had this and have blinked and blinked until it went away - I think it's pretty normal, you see them things on facebook like 'look at this picture then stare at the wall' and you can still see the picture so I guess everyone's eyes do it :)

Carnation
16-05-15, 20:43
It's nothing to worry about EarthMum. I've had this.
It can be when you stare too hard at something or a quick transmission from light to dark and vice versa. It normally goes away in seconds. :)

Earthmum
17-05-15, 03:12
Thank you both!! I was saying this to myself too but it being so early in the morning and half asleep the anxiety took over my thoughts, I did not google this I
am proud of myself ;) ;)