PDA

View Full Version : So worried and mad at myself

Katlover
16-05-15, 13:13
I have obsessed about my health since being very ill last year. I have had over 100msv of radiation from 11-12 ct scan in the last 10 months. They were pointless. They found nothing, I have a huge risk of cancer now. My irrational fear has shortened my life.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 ----------

I was so concerned about my health that I would keep going to different ERS. So stupid and dumb. I am doomed now. I cannot sleep or focus. My poor husband.

senalarose
31-07-15, 04:31
Will it be that bad?

Fishmanpa
31-07-15, 07:22
Some perspective....

I had H&N cancer. I had 30 radiation treatments, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Before each session, I had a CT scan so they could make sure the radiation was hitting the right places. That's 30 CT scans and 30 radiation treatments in 6 weeks. It saved my life and killed the cancer along with chemo once a week. So 11-12 CT scans in a year is nothing in comparison. So thinking this will give you cancer is irrational. There are no proven cases of cancer definitively linked to excess scans or x rays used for medical purposes.

Positive thoughts

Solus
31-07-15, 17:40
Have you ever considered keeping a diary and go to the doctor and show them what you wrote so they can help you accordingy on what is happening