PDA

View Full Version : TBM - Dermatology Abbreviation Mole Under Toenail Biopsy.

Neen
16-05-15, 14:19
It's been a while since I came to this website. Beyond panic.

I've just had a mole removed from under my big, left toenail. I've recently had s baby - 6 weeks ago and I'm in such a state. Sick to the stomache. I'm worried it's melanoma. My discharge letter states: Acute Diagnosis - TBM and I don't know what this abbreviation is. I've googled and googled and all I can remotely find that has anything to do with dermatology is Tandem Base Mutation. Which is so scientific that I just don't understand and I'm a Max Fax nurse. I don't want to text the consultants I work with on a weekend with this shit and being on maternity leave, it's more difficult. I need a dermatologist! Are there any on here!?

I got myself a rapid access and my consultants got me seen quicker. Found the mole last Saturday, had it off by Thursday. Results in 10 days. Went off as an urgent cancer pathway. Seeing that Bob Marley died from an Acral Lentiginous Melanoma (mole under his toenail) I'm in such a frenzy. Thinking that I'm going to leave my 6 week old daughter motherless. I can't calm down. I was ok but today I've been so anxious. I just want to know what ****ing TBM means.

Any suggestions. Sorry for swearing.

Note: Melanoma is my biggest health anxiety fear. My Mother had a Lentigo Maligna removed from her face in 2010 that's when my HA started.

Halle0587
09-01-18, 16:30
What did it end up being?