PDA

View Full Version : what side effects did you get?

rooby
16-05-15, 17:32
I'm just starting this please can you tell me what I can expect side effects??? Thankyou

hanshan
17-05-15, 02:45
There should be patient information sheet with a list of possible side effects, too many to list here and most of them totally unlikely. What you can expect as likely (but temporary) are some dizziness and or lack of coordination. These don't affect everyone, however - as with all these medications, each person gets affected somewhat differently.

Apart from that, read back through previous threads - you will find much discussion of various side effects.

Avasmummy_x
17-05-15, 14:16
Everyone is different!

Mine was mainly dizzy/spaced out feeling but in a nice kinda way as I felt super relaxed

pezinlondon
21-05-15, 12:57
Hi :)
For me, the main side effects I got were,
Bumping into walls, slowed thinking/speaking, hard to walk in straight lines, and a bit of weight gain, but everyones different :)
You should speak to your doctor if you're concered about possible side effects,
Good luck !

SarahH
22-05-15, 09:14
I felt like I'd drunk half a bottle of wine, got the munchies and fell asleep 2/3 hrs after taking each dose......... but it was great as I was anxiety free.

Oh also a bit hard to do number 2's and could note write very well.

Sarah

goldsounds
22-05-15, 10:30
Wish I had the drunk thing, sounds great! So far (3 weeks in) its been the odd headache and feeling tired way before bedtime.

rooby
22-05-15, 13:38
so far its given me a sore stomach and not helped yet :weep:

SarahH
22-05-15, 15:20
What dose are you on Roby?

rooby
22-05-15, 15:29
50mg twice day supposed to go to 100mg twice day in a couple of days but not sure if I will continue cos my tummy doesn't like it. I really wanted it to work my anxiety is so bad

SarahH
23-05-15, 09:52
Ok. I have not heard anybody else with tummy problems on Pregabalin. But it may well be due to this or your anxiety itself. I would keep going. 100mgs a day is not a huge dose so you may need to go higher.

Sarah

tommackent88
23-05-15, 14:19
Hi Rooby

I started on 50mg and gradually increased to 600 daily. I had no noticeable side effects from taking this or increasing it. Remember it's natural for an anxious person to be looking out for any side effects. The plus side is that if you feel like you are experiencing any effects it's a sign that the medication is doing something - hopefully for the good.

Although it helped with my anxiety to an extent, I decided it wasn't quite right for me. I experienced some side effects when coming off them (I jumped from 600 to 400 overnight - bad move on my part) but if you reduce slowly you shouldn't have any problems.

My brother takes this and it has worked wonders for him - completely turned his life around. I would recommend it.

Best of luck and I hope you begin to feel better soon