PDA

View Full Version : feel so tired but still scared too sleep

crazymum25
16-05-15, 21:32
Sun was out so today spent the whole day with my daughter down sea front remained productive have given her the best day I could now I'm exdsustged feel kinder weird drained out of it but too scared too sleep yet again no matter what I do I can not unwind mentally or physically I'm thankful that I had a beautiful day watching the world go by and everything but why can't I just stop my body from being tense even watching tele I can't unwind sitting here on sofa curled up not unwinding so tense and scared too sleep beyoned a joke now frightening experience all I want is my life back .....

feelthelove
16-05-15, 21:34
why can't you sleep hun x

crazymum25
16-05-15, 21:37
Scared ..... The usual stuff not waking up ....

feelthelove
16-05-15, 21:40
Scared ..... The usual stuff not waking up ....

aww sorry to hear this what makes you think you won't wake up maybe i can help i used to be like you x

crazymum25
16-05-15, 21:47
I don't know .... Its a phobia of mine since I had my first experience of a panic attack few months ago ... I'm 26 years old slightly over weight smoke cigerrets don't drink any form of booze tho the only bad habit I have is ten aday fag's just since my panic attacks I'm not myself scared so tense walk around checking my pulse feel my heart Beats when I'm resting .... Finding it hard too swallow drink and eat breathing in hurts I also breathe better out of one side of my nose I walk around tense shoulders in not out I don't remember my last laugh or relaxed state I'm such a mess zone in and out .... I'm scared I'll die in my sleep my heart might stop I might for get too breathe anything

VickyC
16-05-15, 21:51
There might be some breathing techniques you could try, to help relax you. Take a bath, get into comfy pjs/your nightwear of choice, lie on your bed with some pillows behind you and read a book or watch tv. When your eyes get heavy just close them. Try not to think about going to sleep, but just let your eyes close & rest if they are sure and it feels natural to close them. You'll soon find yourself drifting off without conciously trying to fall asleep x

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Should be 'sore' and not 'sure' !

crazymum25
16-05-15, 21:59
Thank you but I won't change into nightware always fully dressed just in case something or the worse is too happen too me and my children I also have my phone set to 999,too

Toby2000
16-05-15, 22:10
The human body is designed to sleep. Why would you not wake up? Nothing will happen at all, the odds of something happening are 1 in a million! Good luck :)

feelthelove
16-05-15, 22:15
I don't know .... Its a phobia of mine since I had my first experience of a panic attack few months ago ... I'm 26 years old slightly over weight smoke cigerrets don't drink any form of booze tho the only bad habit I have is ten aday fag's just since my panic attacks I'm not myself scared so tense walk around checking my pulse feel my heart Beats when I'm resting .... Finding it hard too swallow drink and eat breathing in hurts I also breathe better out of one side of my nose I walk around tense shoulders in not out I don't remember my last laugh or relaxed state I'm such a mess zone in and out .... I'm scared I'll die in my sleep my heart might stop I might for get too breathe anything

well you know that's not so bad smoking 10 fags a day , i wonder if you have blocked sinuses when you say you can only breath one side of your nose, i know how you feel about the drinking and swallowing i used to get that a lot it is part of anxiety . Have you tried some hot milk with some sugar in i find that really easy to swallow and it relaxes the throat .I#m sure you won't die hun but it won't help not sleeping , you need sleep to be able to function right and look after your little girl . You sound like you had a lovely day at the seaside today with your daughter and just think about this , if you were in any danger of dying you wouldn't be walking about , honestly i have been where you are right now . It is so hard to not be frightened about going to sleep but once you do sleep and wake up feeling refreshed you see things differently . Try some relaxation deep breathing you can even give yourself a massage there are lots of videos on youtube. Are you alone or is someone there with you ?
Don't keep feeling your pulse because while you are in a stressed state it will be faster anyway just really try to relax .

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

YOu could even try having some relaxing music on in your bedroom really low to relax you and take your mind off the fear of sleeping, also try putting some comfortable clothes on that aren't restrictive if you feel safer this way , i have done this too so i know what you are feeling .

VickyC
17-05-15, 08:36
Ok, if you're more comfortable in clothing perhaps (as feelthelove) said try putting on comfy clothes like jogging bottoms etc. Although the fact that you won't change into nightwear and hdvd your phone set to 999 indicates you are already in a very anxious state before you even try sleep. So it's a case of breaking out of that negative thinking, which I know you are having professional help with. I hope you start to feel better soon x