PDA

View Full Version : MRSA ??? Lots of spots on face 3 days after hospital

LauraWoo84
16-05-15, 22:48
So on Wednesday I was in hospital for a flexi sigmoidoscopy and now I am paranoid that I have contracted MRSA when I was in there. The reason I think this is I have noticed an increase in small pus filled spots all over my face they are sore and I am scared but I know getting anxious will just make the skin worse.

I have taken antihistamine in the hope that this will help, I don't want to die which I know you can if you contract MRSA I want to call a doctor but my other half will go mad as he is so sick of me being so anxious all the time and calling doctors and going to hospitals. Please someone help me

MRS STRESS ED
16-05-15, 23:04
Laura you would also have other symptoms relating to mrsa have you ,what makes you think its that ,it could be just a simple rash , I work in a nursing home, I have come across this lots of times ,some people have it and don't even know it ,until they have a test ,and yeah people have died of this but ask yourself do you think its mrsa or anxiety ermmmm :)

LauraWoo84
16-05-15, 23:10
Laura you would also have other symptoms relating to mrsa have you ,what makes you think its that ,it could be just a simple rash , I work in a nursing home, I have come across this lots of times ,some people have it and don't even know it ,until they have a test ,and yeah people have died of this but ask yourself do you think its mrsa or anxiety ermmmm :)

I am back from having a procedure in hospital and this sore red rash which has some pus filled spots appeared this morning and has got worse throughout the day. I am scared of dying so to think MRSA kills is what is making me panic more. It maybe a simple rash but if I leave it and it's not then my fears come true.

How quickly do symptoms of mrsa become present if someone is affected as you said you work in a nursin home so have seen people have mrsa

MRS STRESS ED
16-05-15, 23:20
Laura you have answered your own question love, go and get it checked peace of mind ,and just to make you feel abit better I look after people everyday with this and they are still here hope you can get some reassurance :hugs:

LauraWoo84
16-05-15, 23:25
Thank you Mrs, other issue I face is my other half is so fed up with me constantly rushing to the doctors all the time that he will go mad if I try and get an out of hours appointment now.

I am so very frightened and vulnerable right now. Could it be hormonal. Hives or just a simple allergic reaction or a heat rash

MRS STRESS ED
16-05-15, 23:32
Thank you Mrs, other issue I face is my other half is so fed up with me constantly rushing to the doctors all the time that he will go mad if I try and get an out of hours appointment now.

I am so very frightened and vulnerable right now. Could it be hormonal. Hives or just a simple allergic reaction or a heat rash

Laura I totally understand you I have been where you are ,your mind is on overdrive spots are the plague a headache is a tumour pins and needles is MS it is simply hell have you had any therapy ,it really helped me and also talking to people :hugs:

LauraWoo84
17-05-15, 03:20
Hi Mrs, yes I hav had hypnotherapy, CBT and been to see a reflexologist, acupuncturist, allergist, been on and off various medication read endless books but still I continue to let this anxiety take over my life.

I have once again woken from my sleep in a panic. I have managed to get less than three hours sleep and the spots are still there and my fear of dying grows ever bigger

Davit
17-05-15, 04:18
MRSA does not kill, but it does make you quite sick, you more than likely have plain staph. The common boil is a staph infection. Buy some clorahexadine body wash, it kills staph and other bacteria on contact. Or use alcohol.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Laura, we would like your therapy experiences on the articles of interest thread. You too Mrs.