PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin d deficiency

Zeldagirl
17-05-15, 03:31
Anyone else have a vitamin d deficiency and anxiety or panic?

Miche31
17-05-15, 03:32
How do you know if your deficient? Is there a test?

Davit
17-05-15, 03:36
Yes I do, calcium and potassium. Low calcium interferes with how the neurotransmitter seratonin works and I get mind chatter. Low potassium gives me weak muscles and that pisses me off cause I can't get anything done.

lisa1975
17-05-15, 03:49
yep im vitamin d deficient my level was only 4 so really bad i dont think it causes panic though it does cause fatigue an muscle aches :)

Zeldagirl
17-05-15, 03:54
Yes there is blood tests for vitamin deficiency. I am deficient in vitamin d (vitamin d 25 hydroxy test). I'm reading how it can cause or amplify depression and anxiety. I am having trouble taking it because I have developed a fear of taking anything. Which is so stupid.

Davit, do you take supplements for your deficiencies?

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Wow Lisa that's really low. Mine is 17. Do you take supplements? I am reading about a lot of people who are deficient and have panic attacks... Makes me wonder.

Davit
17-05-15, 04:10
Just the calcium which you can't absorb without vitamin D and since I'm tired all the time I must be vitamin D shy also. Low vitamin D can cause calcium loss from teeth and bones, as your body steals it for the synapses so it doesn't show as anxiety till you are quite low. Anxiety uses a lot of calcium. Dental carries and osteopenia. (pre osteoporosis) A gram of calcium with vitamin D3 will stop the anxiety in most cases if you are low. For potassium I just eat bananas.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

A SAD light 20 minutes a day will give you vitamin D.

MyNameIsTerry
17-05-15, 06:56
I know of another member on here who was vitamin D deficient and she was low a lot and shaky. She felt a lot worse for being deficient.

ready_to_live
17-05-15, 09:18
Sorry to buck against the trend but I was seriously vitamin d deficient 9 months ago with a level of 21 (should be at least 75 UK measurements) my mental health was fine at that point no anxiety, just felt so weak and tired and bones would ache. I'm now taking 4000 iu of vitamin d a day, my level is now 75 and I have terrible anxiety so for me low vit d wasn't a cause of anxiety.

4 is a seriously low level I urge you to take your supplements you are at risk of all kinds of problems with such a low level. The vitamins are perfectly safe we all need vitamin d even babies take supplements.

lisa1975
17-05-15, 10:38
Sorry to buck against the trend but I was seriously vitamin d deficient 9 months ago with a level of 21 (should be at least 75 UK measurements) my mental health was fine at that point no anxiety, just felt so weak and tired and bones would ache. I'm now taking 4000 iu of vitamin d a day, my level is now 75 and I have terrible anxiety so for me low vit d wasn't a cause of anxiety.

4 is a seriously low level I urge you to take your supplements you are at risk of all kinds of problems with such a low level. The vitamins are perfectly safe we all need vitamin d even babies take supplements.

thats what i said my level was 4 no anxiety at that point its now a 100 the diffrence for me was my muscles use to ache but their fine now :)

feelthelove
17-05-15, 11:59
yep im vitamin d deficient my level was only 4 so really bad i dont think it causes panic though it does cause fatigue an muscle aches :)

Hi , did yoy have a blood test ?

Davit
17-05-15, 18:03
There are a thousand reasons for increased anxiety, even feeling better can do it with the increased thought of things you should do. On good days I think how can I get the most done. After a good day I think can I get two in a row. Best not to think but just to do what you can. Anxiety is based on personality so of course we will feel different reactions to how our body feels. The big point is Vitamin D should be kept as close as possible to normal.

silver_shoes
21-05-15, 14:55
Yes - I am in the UK (I mention this because I know we have our vitamin D measurements in different units to the US and other parts of the world) and my level at diagnosis 5 weeks ago was 14, which is extremely low!! My anxiety has lessened since starting treatment - Pro D3/Cholecalciferol capsules 20,000IU once a week for 12 weeks - however I am still struggling with the muscle/bone aches and pains unfortunately.

Davit
22-05-15, 05:50
Are you taking calcium to, without D3 you would not be absorbing calcium very well. Synapses need calcium.