PDA

View Full Version : Hi i am new and looking for help

GoodApollo
17-05-15, 05:06
Since sometime before fall of last year i have been dealing with fear of death.
Had to go to the Hospital a few time because i was afraid i was having a heart attack. Doctor says my heart is completely fine and even though i know this it still worries me everyday. I am 22 and i weight over 450 pounds and i believe the weight is catching up to me. When i lay down to go to sleep or i feel my heart beat and sometimes it happens in other instances. I am trying to get this whole weight thing together so i can become healthier and better because i want to enjoy life as much as possible! I stay awake at night because i am scared that i wont wake up. I recently met the love of my life whom i've been with for 6 months and i fear everyday that my life is going to end soon. These constant thoughts eat at me and i feel as if i am going insane. What can i do? I cant go on feeling like this! I just want things to go back to normal so i can feel better and be better!

venusbluejeans
17-05-15, 05:11
Hiya GoodApollo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
17-05-15, 14:28
GoodApollo

First as Venus wrote there are some good helps available on the homepage. As for myself, I totally understand where you are coming from GA. Over the past few years my panic/anxiety has focused on my mortality. My panic was causing an irregular heartbeat and my anxiety was sending my blood pressure through the roof. Plus the fact I weigh 300+ lbs didn't help.

My suggestion would be, do what you're doing and be proactive about getting healthier. It's the many small successes that make up the larger victories. Also if you haven't already consider getting a sleep study done. A major problem I was having was sleep apnea, which causes me great amount of fatigue.

When I address the fear of death, it all came from my mindset of what would my family do if I were gone. What I have to remind myself is, life matches on and I personally find peace in the idea that when I do return to the earth. I live on in other forms and within my family. It may not be a perfect philosophy, but it brings me peace.

Best to you and keep searching for truth, because realizing there is a problem is the first step in solving it.