PDA

View Full Version : Strange heart beat?

Liv7117
17-05-15, 16:48
Hi, sorry if I've been posting a lot of threads lately, I've just been feeling a bit anxious. My heart has been doing this thing where it beats normally then pauses for a second and resumes beating. I do t know exactly how to describe it. I had 2 EKGs done earlier this year plus an ultrasound of my heart due to a slower heart rate. All my results were normal. Does anyone else get this?

alan15
17-05-15, 19:29
Hi, it sounds like PVC's, premature ventricle contractions, I get them, I had a holter test (and all the other heart tests) at its worst I was getting 1,500 a day, as long as your heart is otherwise healthy they are benign. Some people call them ectopic beats, and wrongly palpitations ( that's something else) Your heart stops and resets itself when the PVC happens, its basically a rogue heartbeat, your heart recognises this , stops and starts again, they are very scary but harmless. They don't cause heart attacks, Hope this helps. ALAN

Liv7117
17-05-15, 20:56
Thanks for your response. So these are normal? They can't harm me in any way?

Fishmanpa
17-05-15, 21:22
Liv,

Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Liv7117
18-05-15, 03:34
Yes I am seeing a therapist and taking meds, but my therapist appt had to be cancelled this week, and I've been feeling more anxious than I usually do.