PDA

View Full Version : im going mental!

alyb
26-01-07, 00:28
Hi everybody!

my name is alyson, im 22 and i am a total hypocondriact! its getting to the point now when everybody thinks im going mad including my doctor although im adamant im constatly dying! I have suffered with depression in the past and im also terribly anxious all the time especially about my health. I often have panic attacks just thinking about what is wrong with me.
My ltest problem is persistant itching all over my body. its driving me mental! im worried that it could be something serious. please help if anyone else has expeirienced this sort of thing.

a brady

manmoor
26-01-07, 00:33
Hi Alyson,

Firstly a big warm welcome to you. Secondly no hun your not mental. I have suffered health anxiety for 10 years now and know exactly what your going through. We tend to take an ache or pain and blow it out of proportion big time. If your anything like me we need reasurrance constantly that our health problems are not serious and won't rest until we get that reasurrance and when we do get it normally it doesnt last long until we get another symptom and away we go again. Everyone here will support you and give you lots of great advice and remember most of all you are not alone here we are all here for each other.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."