PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Just Hate That Pounding After Eating?

looking4answers
26-01-07, 01:10
Its a funny thing.Our hearts seem to all have a mind of their own..when you don't expect them to be beating quitely they will be perfect and when you just want to relax and not worry your heart is making all kinds of crazy beats..I have come to pretty much expect this the most after eating..always have since I was a child learned the hard way that you don't want to do anything physical after eating due to the hard thumping of the heart in your chest..It dominates everything and makes you worry just feeling the pounding..It sometimes even skips due to excess gas..just nerve racking..It just really isnt fun..Usually for a few hours after a meal depending on what it is.. I have to relax ..but its so odd..like when I eat tuna and crackers my heart will beat like I had a huge dinner of everything that I like.. and other times when I eat a heavy meal such as pork chops and peas and vegs,and rice and gravy it doesnt even make a whimper..what is with that?I swear they have a mind of their own.. its scary ..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Krakers
26-01-07, 02:26
Hi looking - I can empathise with your situation. My symptoms are totally different, but the trigger is the same.

While I don't get a pounding heart, my anxiety increases significantly after I eat. Its a difficult one to conquer as I've probably eaten less than a sparrow for 10 days now. After eating yesterday I had one of my worse anxiety attacks to date, and just don't feel like eating anymore.

Theres probably some totally rational explanation here, like how your body metabolises food. Its probably akin to when I have the first cigarette of the day - I use self talk then to tell myself that what I'm experiencing is only normall and a side effect of what I've just done. It works.

I only wish I could be more enthusiastic about food - its just seems easier sometimes to not bother and not have that feeling.

Krakers.

looking4answers
26-01-07, 06:50
Yeah .. thats funny I have a friend that im online with alot asking she said basically the same thing and thinks that i just look for things to much .Luckly too she is there and I can say hey by the way why do i feel this and that.. lol.but well its always nice to hear it from anxiety too.I have lost a lot of weight and hope to pick some back up been eating more and well ..it causes you know what but made it so far so maybe ill continue and get more back on my body..they say its good for me to be this weight but I don t like what i see.. thanks again for your answer

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.