PDA

View Full Version : angry

kim!!
18-05-15, 18:04
hi iv never been so angry iv been to the doctors basically told me to go away there's nothing wrong with me! What do i have to do kill myself then they might realise i actually needed the help!
i though they are suppose to help people not treat them like this?

Sam123
18-05-15, 18:06
Did you go over your anxiety?

kim!!
18-05-15, 18:12
yes because she told me to i go every week so they can see how in getting on!
i mentioned my meds still wont change them they haven't even given a reason why?
i give up if docs wont help me who else is there!

Sam123
18-05-15, 18:21
Have they offered to refer you for any therapy or have you already had it?

kim!!
18-05-15, 18:33
iv got a mental health worker an c someone from mind

Carnation
18-05-15, 20:34
That sounds about right. They did the same to me.
No Info, no referral, no follow-up, basically NO to everything!
That's when I joined here. Got far more info on here and made lots of friends.
Then I got my own Counselling, which cost me an arm and a leg.

I think it is disgusting how Mental issues are treated by GPs.
I also thought the same as you at the time and couldn't bear living in this way.
You see, we are a 'Hot Potato'. They really just don't know what to do with us.
It's beyond them.
And, there have been several Doctors on here asking for advice.

'Mind' are pretty good though. I hope you get a result.
Don't forget there are many of us on here that can normally help. :)

kim!!
18-05-15, 22:05
thanks for replying it is disgusting how gp treat mental health they should be ashamed!
in really liking mind at the minute the woman who i see is really nice she doesn't try to fob me off an she actually listens to me in doing cbt at the min with her although i don't think its doing much good but will stick with it :)

xvolatileheart
18-05-15, 22:38
I'm sorry you've been treated that way, Kim. It's just totally unacceptable. I'm really glad you have someone from Mind who you can speak to. Have you directly asked the GP why they won't change your medication as it is not working? Your GP sounds awful, if I'm honest.

kim!!
18-05-15, 22:47
hi it is awful feel like putting a complaint in about them!
i have asked about my meds they said there isn't any diffrent ones an I need to see a phyciatrist if i want different ones!

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-15, 22:52
They are lying to you, Kim. Show them those NICE guidelines I posted If you are in England or Wales.

A GP can easily prescribe SSRI's & SNRI's. That alone gives them loads to try. Beyond that there are others but some are for a psychiatrist.

My GP said this to me the first time I went through this. He was either lying, incompetent or many years out of date.

aprilmoon
18-05-15, 22:59
It was only when I went to a psych that I really got the help I needed.
It could be worth considering for you.:)

kim!!
18-05-15, 23:05
think in going to give up going to doctors its a waste of time! It makes me worse because they stress me out because they don't listen!

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

iv already seen one he said Il be fine staying on sertraline that was 3 months ago!

lior
19-05-15, 00:07
Keep up with the CBT. Talk to the Mind person about this. She will have some good ideas for you. x

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-15, 06:23
But that was 3 months ago, Kim. Your GP can't use a old assessment for a medication you have only been on a month or two as the basis for judging its effectiveness at this stage.

If your GP doesn't feel comfortable changing then they should be referring you to someone who can make that decision based on the current point.