PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged submandibular glands??

Liv7117
18-05-15, 19:34
Hi, I've posted threads about this before, but both my right and left submandibular glands under my jaw have been swollen for about 4 years. However, they feel bigger. They are very long and large compared to my other enlarged lymph nodes. Are submandibular gland supposed to be this size/shape?

countrygirl
18-05-15, 22:11
Have you been prodding and poking them by any chance as this will make them inflamed and larger. If you are poking them once a day that once a day too much try once a week.

It is totally normal after infection for nodes to stay enlarged sometimes for life but certainly for many many years. Serious causes make them enlarge very quickly often over a matter of weeks.

Liv7117
18-05-15, 23:34
I have been prodding/poking them a lot, but they have always been longer than my other nodes. Could this just be because that is the submandibular gland's natural shape? They are very long, probably about 4 cm long

Fishmanpa
18-05-15, 23:54
Poking and prodding can and will make a perfectly healthy gland swell and even cause them to become "shotty", meaning it will remain permanently swollen. The "fact" they've been that way for 4 years and you're still here means you're fine.

Positive thoughts

Liv7117
19-05-15, 00:02
I understand that, but are submandibular glands normally this long, bumpy shape?

Fishmanpa
19-05-15, 00:35
I understand that, but are submandibular glands normally this long, bumpy shape?

Yes... typically the size of your thumb. They're bumpy because you've been aggravating the (*&% out of them!

Positive thoughts

Liv7117
19-05-15, 03:07
Thanks that makes me feel a lot better!

nivekc251
19-05-15, 04:58
Bless your heart you are too young to be letting this control your life. Im the same way when I feel a node I molest it until its painful and swollen. You can and will get over this. Remember YOU control your mind dont let your mind control you. Stop feeding the energy devil demon or whatever you believe in and put nothing but positive energy in your life. Try some guided meditation youd be surprised how well it helps. :yesyes:

Liv7117
19-05-15, 22:10
Thank you for replying to both my threads, I appreciate the support!!

healthanxietysucks24
09-08-22, 01:00
Hi, how are you doing now, did they go away? Were they painful? How long did it take?