PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Problems

CamdenGerman
18-05-15, 20:41
Hello I have emetophobia and had a pizza today for dinner and put it on a dish without holes in the bottom(i.e with a solid bottom) as my dad said it would be fine to do. I took it out and ate half without having a problem, but sort of noticed that the base was slightly cooler than the top of the pizza and a different colour entirely(pale white) to the crust or rest of the pizza. I am worried because I prepared the pizza in a way that was less hygienic than if I wasn't cooking it (washed the pizza dish with a piece of tissue I touched without washing my hands and took the pizza out of its plastic with unwashed hands). Is the pizza still likely to have been cooked and is the base still likely to have been above 60 degrees celsius? I really don't know and given that tomorrow is my birthday, don't want to be having to worry about whether this might cause me to be sick all day tomorrow. Thanks for any advice and sorry for the long post

harriettravis24
19-05-15, 22:03
i also had emetophobia and have had numerous days worrying about pizzas even though its not likely to make you ill.
i can't tell you if its cooked because i know nothing about this but it has always comforted me when i found out food poisening comes on between 2 and 8 hours as it rushes to get out of your system so don't worry tomorrow once you have made it past the 8 hours mark you are completely safe :) have a nice birthday!!

Davit
19-05-15, 22:29
I buy these little 6 inch frozen pizzas and nuke them for 2 minutes 20 seconds only because I don't like crispy crust. I'm fine, the cheese is barely melted. I like them that way. I bake my homemade pizza on a plain pan, I don't have one with holes.