PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP and new to experiencing anxiety!

Jimy
19-05-15, 00:46
Hi all,

Just feeling my way around things as I'm new to all this. Good to know there is a place like this out there and I'm not alone.

At the beginning of this year I had an extended very bad medical experience. I ended up being prescribed mertazipine as a sleeping pill. Some weeks in I had a bad reaction to it - anxiety/agitation - and ended up seeing a psych in hospital.

Currently experiencing withdrawal and wondering how much of my constant anxiety/agitation is down to the drug and how much down to the experience at the start of this year - it sucks but on the plus side has given me a real appreciation for what others go through!

venusbluejeans
19-05-15, 00:52
Hiya Jimy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jimy
19-05-15, 00:57
Thanks and I will - can't believe I've made it halfway through my life without properly understanding what others go through.

Snaily2015
19-05-15, 19:51
Welcome to NMP! :-)