PDA

View Full Version : Still freaking out about burning feet - anyone please?

montos
20-05-15, 07:22
So I've had burning feet on and off since the end of March. Doctor said it sounds like peripheral neuropathy which scared the crap out of me and has had me going ever since.

Thing is, it comes and goes and is bad some days but gone for others. As well, it goes away at night when I sleep and cones back in the am. My understanding of peripheral neuropathy is that it's worse at night. I saw a neurologist and he wasn't sure what to think. He said it's very odd that it comes and goes. Emg test was normal

This all makes me think it's anxiety. About a week ago it was terrible and then I read about psychosomatic pain and how it can all just be in your head and it was almost gone for 4 days or so.

I have some really serious stuff causing stress in my life right now.

I know I've asked this before but can anyone relate? Have you had symptoms like this for any length of time and did they eventually go away or get better?

Please, I'm really doing poorly right now. Chronic pain is my biggest phobia...

Monty

lyndau63
20-05-15, 08:35
Hi. Yes I have a lot of trouble with burning feet. I thought it was to do with my arthritis but, reading your post, I think it may be a coincidence. Sometimes I feel I could fry an egg on them! It keeps me awake at night several times a week. I have some peppermint cream which helps but I don't know whether there is a cure.

EleeBateman
20-05-15, 23:32
Hello!
I'm getting very similar things to you, I've been having burning feelings in the bottom of my feet, my shins, arms and hands for about two months!
I've had lots of blood tests and have been told that it's anxious psychosomatic pain.
I'm struggling with accepting this, but I've got to give it a chance and wait it out.
the pain comes and goes every 5-10 minutes and doesn't last longer than a few minutes.
Are you taking any anxiety medication? X