PDA

View Full Version : Raised Mole Paranoia

Moondreams
20-05-15, 08:48
I literally made a post the other day regarding another mole, I seem to be on a skin cancer scare at the moment.

But I just need clarification on what the real concerns for moles are. Because I try searching and it inevitably leads me to stories like "she never even sunbathed and then she died of skin cancer 4 months later!" or "it was just a freckle!" etc. and it really stresses me out.

I have a mole under my left breast. It's relatively new but I think I've had it for at least 6 months, maybe even closer to a year now. Maybe even more! I haven't been paying that close attention. But it's dark brown and the centre of it is kind of raised, almost like a skin tag. It's a little bit smaller than a pencil eraser and doesn't have any jagged edges and hasn't bled at any point as far as I know. It currently tingles/stings in that area but I don't know if that is down to overthinking things, if it's irritation from my bra or an affect of the intestinal issues I'm currently having.

And of course, I also worry that it is cancer and it's now so advanced that it's spread to my intestines and is causing those problems. Which is probably ridiculous but that's how my brain works.

I will probably try and get a doctor's appointment for next week to get them to look at it and the others I always have concerns about. But I just wondered if anyone could alleviate my immediate concerns until then.

Gary A
20-05-15, 09:48
There are certain characteristics of suspicious moles, yours meets none of them. Anything smaller than the diameter of a pencil eraser is highly unlikely to be melenoma. Given that you've had it for quite a lengthy period of time without any noticeable changes, that's also a good sign. There are no irregular edges and no signs of bleeding, again, all good.

I would suggest getting it examined simply to put your mind at ease, although I will say I don't think you have anything much to worry about.

Lilly13
20-05-15, 14:27
I agree with Gary, I think it is largely difficult to know without being a trained physician. I was worried about a mole, I got it looked at the doctor said, nah its fine! END of anxiety for that particular ailment. haha

best,

Lilly
:flowers: