PDA

View Full Version : being anxious

silver blaze
20-05-15, 08:59
How does being anxious affect your balance? and how come sometimes you think you are not feeling so anxious but you still feel light headed and swimmy, it sucks don't it

.Poppy.
21-05-15, 01:27
Yes, anxiety can mess with your balance and it's no fun :(

For one thing, stress can absolutely make you feel light headed as you are emotionally exhausted.

Then there are the fun pieces of anxiety that accompany that...you could subconsciously think you are dizzy, so even if you don't think you are thinking about being dizzy, you are so you feel that way.

...which starts a nasty cycle as you think something is wrong with you because you feel dizzy when you aren't consciously thinking about being dizzy - you see where that goes.

Anxiety can also mess with your eating habits, which prevents you from eating properly which could also cause dizziness.

So...yes, anxiety can do that :) It's no fun, but it's normal. I hope you get to feeling better!

Davit
21-05-15, 01:47
I'm doing rather well on three to five hours sleep a night.I'm actually getting lots done. During the height of my anxiety and panic I needed ten hours and still had all those nasty symptoms.