PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Granny Primark
26-01-07, 10:20
Ive gone a 4 months without having a major panic attack.
Even thinking about starting back work part time. Im excited cus my daughters pregnant and really looking forward to the future and convinced ive conquered panic.
Then wham this morning after taking my hubby to work work and cleaning my kitchen ive had a major panic attack.
Ive had terrible blurred vison and not been able to focus, terrible palpitations and been unable to stop shaking.
Why does this happen? Im completely baffled.
According to my friend yesterday i seemed anxious. I know the reason for that, but ive been far more anxious than i was yesterday.
Im very disappointed with myself that this has happened and im really upset and frustrated.
Please tell me that this is just a minor blip, cus im frightened that these damn panic attacks will come back again with avengeous.

Take care
LYNN xx

manmoor
26-01-07, 10:24
My Granny,

Please do not be disappointed with yourself honey. You know as well as I do that this attack was just a wee blip. You have done so so well these past few months hun and we are all proud of you. Don't you be letting this get you down as Primark have a sale coming up and you don't wanna miss that now do you lol. Be strong babe your wee irish grandaughters here for ya always. xxxxxxxxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

jo61
26-01-07, 10:25
Hi Lynn, unfortunately setbacks seem to be par for the course with anxiety. It doesn't mean you're going backwards, it's something to put behind you and move on into the happy peaceful future you've worked so hard to create.

Love Jo x

Under~The~Stars
26-01-07, 11:07
BIG HUGE HUGS

Lynn, I can assure you that it is just a minor blip and don't get yourself worked up about it. Every now and again we have a wee fall, but we just have to pick ourself back up again and keep going and put it behind us. You have loads of support here so we can help you balance and get you back on your feet again. :D

You've been amazing support for me recently Lynn, so I won't let you down. I'm here for you mate ;)

Keep up the good work and put it behind you :D

Take care

Louise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
26-01-07, 11:16
Hi Lyn

You have moved mountains over the last few months,you have done so well lyn, so dont let a little blip get you down, thats one thing i have learnt over the last 10 years of suffering with anxiety, and thats blips do come and go, but the progress we make is much more important then the blips. Try to put this behind you hun and move forward, tomorrow is always a brighter day!:D

Dont be dissapionted with youself Lyn, we are all so proud of you hun !

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

ceecee
26-01-07, 12:20
hi lyn
you,re doing great and this is just a tiny little blip!
have you read the claire weekes book about recovery?in there it does say that even after weeks of calm it is possible to have symptoms,but the most important thing is to just try and ignore it(i know how hard that is!)
think of this as just your anxiety testing you to see how you react to it!if you just try to put it behind you it will settle down again
take care and congratulations on being a nanny-to be
rach x

belle
26-01-07, 12:39
Hi..

WELL DONE for doing so well.

My views is that the "Panic Monster" just likes to rear its ugly head every now and then to see if i can worm its way back into our lives....if you don't react to it, it makes it harder for it to make an appearance next time (if of course there is a next time!!!).

This is a MINOR blip - as you said yourself, you've been fine for months :)

Sarah x

Piglet
26-01-07, 12:54
On the times I have panic attacks and don't exactly know why, I find it's almost better not to bother wondering why!

The panic attacks lasts minutes but we let the after effects ripple on and on don't we. Somehow we see it as some sort of backwards step or a failure. This is a shame cos it just keeps it going!!

I think the best advice is to think 'right well it happened, it stinks but it's over now and I am not gonna let myself bother thinking about it'. Afterall who bothers to remembers a run of sneezes even an hour after they happen.:)

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Ma Larkin
26-01-07, 13:11
Hi Lynn, the best thing to do is not dwell on it. I go months not having attacks then one creeps up on me (usually when I'm in bed trying to get to sleep - but they are few & far between).

For a lot of us, I don't think we will ever be 100% rid of panic attacks & I'm one of the lucky ones that has learnt to control my thoughts & will the attacks to go away before they get full on to the hypertension stage, which took me a couple of years to master.

You've done really well to go 4 months, I can't help feeling there might be something else on your mind which might have triggered it, but I'm sure you'll be OK & things will calm down again for you.

Les, xx

tam
26-01-07, 13:16
LYNN ITS DEFINATLEY A BLIP.I HAVE BEEN GETTING ALOT BETTER RECENTLY AND HAD MOMENTS WHEN THINGS HAVE GONE BAD BUT I KEEP SAYING YOUR NOT COMING BACK AND IM CONTROLLING YOU.DONT LET IT IN LYNN AND TRY AND FORGET ABOUT IT IT IS JUST A ONE OFF.HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER NOW.TAKE CARE TRACY

Granny Primark
26-01-07, 13:43
Thanks everyone for your support and advice.
No way am i going back to not being able go out again.
The damn monsters will not get the better of me now cus ive got so much to look forward to.
Also PRIMARK need me cus im there best customer LOL

Your hugs and support means so much to me.

Take care
LYNN xx