PDA

View Full Version : so fed up of worrying over lumps and back pain

emmalj0
21-05-15, 09:04
Every time i go drs im told the same lump under breast is fine because not grown over 2 years and its movable. I have had ultrasound nothing sinister was seen.

another thing worrying me is mid back pain iv had over a year. Never eases hurts to breath drs wont send me for a scan just say its mechanical pain through daily activities.

3rd thing little movable lumps in lower lip i panic something bad however thing they are glands.

its ruining my life i cant concentrate at work my relationship breaking down. I go on holiday monday and im not even excited because i think im dying.

can anyone help me

lyndau63
21-05-15, 12:32
Oh I do sympathise. I have an obsession with breast cancer and there is a particular place which haunts me. Have you had any tests, mammogram? I think your doctor would not have left it though if there were any doubt and, if you have had it for two years, you would probably be much worse by now.

emmalj0
21-05-15, 12:40
Its not actually in my breast its where my underwire sits iv seen breast consultant privately who said benign fatty tissue

Fishmanpa
21-05-15, 12:45
can anyone help me

The real question is: "How fed up are you?"

The only person who can help you is yourself. Simple answer but not so simple believing and acting on it. You could get 100 replies full of logic, reason and reassurance but unless you believe it and work on changing your mindset, it would all be for naught and you'd be back posting about the same fear.

Therapy, CBT, meds or a combination thereof are the proven methods to treat HA. Same thing.... people can tell you that but unless you act on it, you stand a great chance of remaining in this cycle of fear. You said you have CBT coming... hang in there and make sure you go.

Positive thoughts

emmalj0
21-05-15, 15:42
I am going dont worry cant wait to get help not till 18th june and i think thats just to be assessed for referral its such a long process