PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in Muscle

Libra
21-05-15, 11:04
I do have a nerve impingment (shoulder), .. I also carry most of my anxiety in shoulders and neck like many people.
I get lightheads when muscles very tight.
Occassionally ive been getting what I can only describe as a kind of cool, numb kind of feel in upper back muscle.Its like when your foots gone to sleep and then you feel it coming back to normal.
Anyone know what I mean ??

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-15, 12:34
That's how some of my nerve pain has felt.

Could it be connected to your shoulder problem or maybe it is referred pain?

If you look at this thread I have included a link to a book that shows you how top treat various muscular & nerve pain. It's about trigger points and referred pain. It's an earlier edition which is now free but when I compared it to my later edition I found a lot was the same in the parts I checked.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166483&page=2

Also, have a look on the Symptoms board for a current thread about a pinched nerve several people have mentioned how their nerve pain feels.

Libra
21-05-15, 13:01
Thank you , I will take a look, .. Just briefly.. Couple months ago all I did was this.. I was lying on right side in bed and suddenly realised I hadn't set the alarm. So I half turned towards left to reach the clock and streteched my arm full length and kind of on a twist..(being idle), and suddenly I had most awful feeling of falling backwards.. I quickly turned back to right and it went.. I had the feel for several days if I put any pressure on my hands sitting up in bed so guess that it was either from the impingment or neck ??
Since that time ive been doing the physio exercises as I had this very similar 5 years ago and went through 2 months of physio with it.
Or otherwise, I had not been sleeping well for a year before it happened . i.e 2 to 3 hours per night.

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-15, 13:08
Its possible. I've never had a problem with one in my shoulder.

On a fair few occasions I've had a trapped nerve between my ribs just from a poorly executed stretch and you feel like you can't take a full breath for hours until it sorts itself out.

Daniele_T
21-05-15, 13:33
with anxiety there is tension that leads to muscle and nerve pain very easily.

I put my back out lifting an ironing board when i was in my early 20s :roflmao:

At the time I was teaching ju jitsu and throwing 17 stone men around like bags of peanuts.

Its a curious life having panic and anxious tension

Libra
21-05-15, 13:51
Yes, I agree Daniele.. For sure anxiety makes sensations feel worse:ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
22-05-15, 06:26
I put my back out lifting an ironing board when i was in my early 20s :roflmao:

Was it "extreme ironing"? :winks:

I know what you mean about having more nerve related problems. I've had a nerve in my neck & face play up at least twice when stress was heightened although the first time was before my anxiety started. Now I have sciatica which has been ongoing for about 12 months.

Libra
22-05-15, 21:14
Oh sciatica . ive had that flare up with anxiety as well. Had sciatica 20 years but always plays up more with stress,muscle tension im guessing.. Ive even had lightheaded turns with it when its been quite achy..