PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma/Leukaemia worries.... AGAIN!

silver_shoes
21-05-15, 13:45
Sorry to post about the same thing again :( I posted recently as 5 weeks ago I found out I have got severe vitamin D deficiency, which gives me symptoms of extreme tiredness, awful muscle weakness and aches and pains (in my hands arms, legs and hips mostly - it's not a severe pain as such, more like intense weakness and aching). In the last few months I have been in and out of hospital for tests including:numerous blood tests, FBC, thyroid, anaemia, diabetes, you name it I've probably had the test for it! And a CT scan of my abdomen during a recent emergency admission with possible kidney stone pain (which came back normal and the pain resolved). During this recent admission the doctor on the ward actually said that although the scan had been to look for kidney stones, they had carefully examined all my abdominal organs and everything, including my blood tests, were completely normal.

So, back to the Vitamin D thing, I am on a dose of 20,000 units once a week for 12 weeks, and I am 5 weeks in. I had noticed a big improvement in the muscular aches and weakness and tiredness HOWEVER.. over the last few days, much to my despair, they have returned with a vengeance. I am due to start a new job next Tuesday, I was really looking forward to it but now I don't even know if I am going to be able to do it! :( it's making me feel so low. The aching is all over but especially bad around my ribs and the muscles going under my armpits, though I cannot feel any lymph nodes in my armpits.

I have read a lot online about how when you have this deficiency, it can take a number of months before you are feeling better again however this recent relapse in symptoms has really scared me and it's so frustrating. I cannot shake the horrible feeling that maybe all the doctors I have seen are missing something like leukaemia or lymphoma, I keep thinking that surely something would have shown up in my blood by now if it was anything like this .... but then you read horror stories online about how it gets missed.

I really want to just be able to accept that I feel this way with the aches /tiredness etc because of the Vitamin D deficiency !!!!

Gary A
21-05-15, 14:31
There is just no way that with this level of testing, you have either leukaemia or lymphoma.

Trueman
21-05-15, 14:53
Hi there. My partner has non Hodgkins lymphoma and has had loads of treatment and a bone marrow transplant. None of those symptoms sound like lymphoma :D

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

PS I have Vit D deficiency and get exactly what you describe. Presently having a flare up. And looking into B12 as well - get results in next couple of days.

silver_shoes
21-05-15, 15:03
Trueman - Oh, I do hope your partner is doing OK! See, I feel really silly with my worries when there are people out there such as your partner who actually DO have the illness I fear so much - the worry is such a horrible thing though
:(
Do you mind me asking what dose/frequency of Vitamin D treatment you are on? Do you find that you go through periods of feeling better and then the aches/weakness will hit you again?

Trueman
21-05-15, 15:08
Hey we all have fears ha ha that's why we are on here! He is doing brill much better than me ha ha..

Yes flare ups.. Going through a spot of extreme tiredness terrible aches and spasms in back/spine right now. Off actually to GP because I'm in agony moving..

Same dose as you. But every two weeks but I think they need to check my levels again. Hasn't been done for 2yrs so I'm wondering if they've depleted again despite this. Previously I was on a higher dose/more regular, I was supposed to get injections but the practice failed to sort the injection system out so tablets it was..

Also I keep forgetting to take them being every 2 weeks ugh

silver_shoes
21-05-15, 17:04
Hope you get on OK at the GP appointment Trueman. I find going to see mine to be soul destroying at times as it's on record that I have anxiety I feel like my concerns aren't taken seriously

Trueman
21-05-15, 17:14
Hope you get on OK at the GP appointment Trueman. I find going to see mine to be soul destroying at times as it's on record that I have anxiety I feel like my concerns aren't taken seriously

Thank you!

I know going to GP can send me in floods of tears after because I feel so useless and stupid as a result of the HA. But you gotta do what you gotta do. It's always good to find a GP that understands. I know I can help myself more too and work on that.

GHN Healthcare
21-12-22, 17:53
You may contact us GHN Healthcare Services