PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cancer

Mondie
21-05-15, 13:54
First off let me say that I feel like a failure posting this, I've been doing so, so we'll recently, but I'm just at a lost.

I am convinced I have ovarian cancer, my symptoms match exactly...there is. O doubt in my head.

I have stomach bloating, diarrhoea, frequent urination, pains in my stomach/pelvic area, pain during sex, lower back pain, tiredness, my period was abnormal last month. The list goes on.

I have monthly appointments with my GP but we just tend to talk about my anxiety, I should have mentioned all this to her before. I have to wait 2 weeks for my next appointment and don't feel like I can wait.

I'm all panicky about this. My husband just gets frustrated when I try and talk to him about it and says "you always think you're ill and you never are".

I don't know where to turn :weep:

silver_shoes
21-05-15, 14:00
Can I start by saying .... you are NOT a failure!! Could you maybe call the surgery and see if you can get an appointment a bit sooner, for some reassurance?

Trueman
21-05-15, 15:00
Yeah in this instance I would just book the appt specifically just to talk about those symptoms. Get advice then move forward with the advice whatever that is.

Mondie
21-05-15, 15:58
Thanks for the replies. I've tried to make an appointment sooner, but they have NOTHING. I'm so scared and upset, it just seems all so certain that I have ovarian cancer.

Trueman
21-05-15, 16:26
Those symptoms could be a whole heap of other things! Most unlikely to be Cancer of ovaries. Just try to keep telling yourself that and distract yourself. Worst case re appt just phone each day to see if any cancellations I guess :)

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Btw I had similar symptoms and abnormal smears. Was treated fine for pre cancerous cells and turned out to be a polyp in my womb which caused similar symptoms..

Dolphin8808
21-05-15, 17:08
You whats funny, good testicular cancer, I bet you will have some of those symptoms too. Someone once told me to google something that you KNOW you could not have... and that some of the symptoms will still match up. That is just a baseline guideline. But I get the fear, I was going through it recently as well. Now I can't stop twitching all over, even in my ear... so weird.