PDA

View Full Version : been doing so well but now relapse

crazymum25
21-05-15, 20:26
OK been doing well but I've just read an article about a man aged 33 collapsed and died at work and marked ad natural causes non suspicious !!! Freaked out ?!!!! Omg breathe breathe done so well now I'm scared

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Help I'm.worried I'm going too die again for helps sake I saw the light now I'm a wreck

Gary A
21-05-15, 21:25
You think you're going to die because you read an article about someone dying? That's just absurd, sorry, but it really is.

crazymum25
21-05-15, 21:30
Too you maybe not just that I've had a urinue infection for weeks and its not going I'm worried I have blood poisioning as I have the runs too scared so scared antibiotics didn't Work

majdle
21-05-15, 21:52
Breathe. Why do you think they wrote about it? Because it's pretty damn rare! But yeah, I am the same and news like this freak me out. Big hug.

Gary A
21-05-15, 21:55
Think of it this way, do you ever read about someone winning the lottery and instantly think it's going to happen to you?

lyndau63
21-05-15, 22:39
Hi,

Urine infections can go on for weeks. Very unpleasant but it does happen until they get the right antibiotic.

worrywart29
22-05-15, 04:05
I'm the same way if I hear of someone dying I start to feel sick or imagine myself meeting the same fate. If I hear someone listing symptoms of a disease I start to feel everyone of the symptoms. I know how you feel.

MyNameIsTerry
22-05-15, 06:02
Think of it this way, do you ever read about someone winning the lottery and instantly think it's going to happen to you?

What Gary says here is important, its known as a Behavioural Experiment if you purposely did this to prove a hypothesis.

To believe that simply reading a story can cause a condition to happen to you is magical thinking. Whether or not this ever happened, it would not have any connection to you reading a story about it. If it did, they wouldn't be allowed to ever print such stories. Why you and not anybody else?

You have to counter thoughts like this. In CBT you could use a Thought Record to do this.

I suggest you look at this example and use it:

http://media.psychology.tools/worksheets/english_us/health_anxiety_thought_record_en-us.pdf?

Lets also remember that the majority of anxious thoughts have no connection to any real threat and magical thinking is common. Whether its reading an article, having an intrusive thought os even having to walk on the cracks in the pavement to prevent harm coming to a loved one, its all equally irrational and not absurd in any way.

lyndau63
22-05-15, 17:28
I must admit I do often worry that something is a bad sign if I have a fear about a particular illness and then it crops up somewhere. We all have different kinds of worries don't we? It is manifested in various ways according to how we think and our current state of mind. Hope you are feeling better today.:hugs: