PDA

View Full Version : here we go again ....no sleep water infection taking amxocilluin

crazymum25
22-05-15, 22:52
So I have a water infection now taken amoxillion can't spell it convinced I won't wake up and have blood posioing have all the symptoms including flu like ones so scared too sleep I hate taking medication scares me more

jarmummy123
22-05-15, 23:02
Hi

I've had amoxycillin loads of times and the only side effect I has was a bit of upset tummy.

My sons have also had it (banana syrup) and been fine.

crazymum25
22-05-15, 23:18
Thank you I've had it too just I read an article again because I've got a water infection I'm worried its now turned into blood poisoning because it hasn't gone away the stinging and this woman died I have the escat same symptoms so going out my mind with worrie n no sleepi

Fishmanpa
23-05-15, 00:01
When you finally get to sleep for a few hours and wake up fine, what then? You're taking a med that several million take daily with no side effects. Sorry you're struggling but truly it's for naught.

Positive thoughts

Frankie123
23-05-15, 00:23
All antibiotics take a while to work. Amoxicillin is a very common antibiotic taken by many people. It may cause you to have an upset stomach for a couple of days but otherwise you should be fine.

Dazza123
23-05-15, 00:23
There comes a time when you just have to get a grip, I know its difficult, I have been there and so has everyone else here. But, the alternative is thinking you are about to die every 5 seconds. Its a water infection, you are taking antibiotics for it, it will go away. It's as simple as that. Really, if a water infection is driving you into this much of a state id get yourself down to the doctors on Monday morning and get something sorted because if my life was as bad as yours I seriously wouldn't get out of bed in the mornings.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but really, you have to take responsibility for your anxiety and learn to control it, not let it control you. You have to help yourself, so learn techniques that will help you, don't just sit there and let it ruin your life, take back control :)

lyndau63
23-05-15, 00:36
You WILL wake up. Remember I said yesterday tat you sometimes have to try different antibiotics until you get the right one. Amoxicillin is fine apart form a bit of upset tummy, as Frankie said, and you may not even get that. Let's hope this is the medication that zaps it...it most probably will.

MyNameIsTerry
23-05-15, 06:03
There comes a time when you just have to get a grip, I know its difficult, I have been there and so has everyone else here. But, the alternative is thinking you are about to die every 5 seconds. Its a water infection, you are taking antibiotics for it, it will go away. It's as simple as that. Really, if a water infection is driving you into this much of a state id get yourself down to the doctors on Monday morning and get something sorted because if my life was as bad as yours I seriously wouldn't get out of bed in the mornings.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but really, you have to take responsibility for your anxiety and learn to control it, not let it control you. You have to help yourself, so learn techniques that will help you, don't just sit there and let it ruin your life, take back control :)

Hi Dazza,

The OP mentioned last week that she has seen a psychologist then and was diagnosed with Histrionic Personality Disorder. So, I think people need to be aware that this will be driving the OP's reactions too and it does include an attention seeking trait. PD's are more complex and the level of bias/skew involved in core beliefs is more advanced so I would expect anxiety to hit a lot harder and have less control until they learn how to manage it through recovery.

Davit
23-05-15, 08:11
I have taken antibiotics by IV at four times max dose every six hours for two months at a time and always woke up. Some times I wished I hadn't. I'm taking 500 mg Keflex twice a day now, probably for life.

MyNameIsTerry
23-05-15, 08:27
I've taken 500mg antibiotics loads over the years for chest infections as I have asthma. I've never really had a problem with them.

There are some that can bring on nausea & diarrhea. My mum had this last year so I asked a pharmacist and she said it was because it was one of the ones with 2 forms of antibiotic in and the small dose form is known to cause allergic reactions, which manifest in this way, in a lot of people. My mum went back down to her GP who added it to her records and gave her the standard Amoxicillin that she has always had before. So, I put it down to a GP trying to penny pinch over what he knows would definately work!

feelthelove
23-05-15, 09:35
I have medicine phobia and i had to take amoxcilin in February for bronchitis, it does cause a bit of stomch acid for the first few days but then its fine , you will be fine and once you get over the fear you will be proud of yourself i know i was lol .

You're going to be fine and it is going to make you better .

crazymum25
23-05-15, 13:50
No Gary it's because I've had the infection for over a month and.I'm convinced I have blood poisoning I'm scared not sleeping sickness the runs poor circulation and cold flu like symptoms I'm worried that it's turned into blood poisoning I also have this blue vaine that's come out of know where on my leg doesn't hurt it looks like a blue spot achey and I'm worried about taking medication that's why I'm scared with amoxiclion I'm going too go back to the doctors but I'm scared ok everyone says I'm pathetic but I'm so scared I ctu everyday im just waiting too drop dead I'm receiving therapy was doing well now feel bad as ever trying too remain positive but I'm so scared !!!,

Fishmanpa
23-05-15, 14:23
CMum,

I'm going to venture out on a limb and say that I feel this forum, in light of your situation and diagnosis, is not a good place to be for you. While it's cathartic in allowing you to write out your fears, it's also giving them a life of their own. Your fear, of whatever it happens to be, is born when you put it on the forum and it lives on with each response further ingraining it into your psyche. Does your therapist agree with your participation? I've found that most who undertake psychotherapy are advised against it.

Just an observation. And it's quite apparent reassurance isn't helping at all.

Positive thoughts

feelthelove
23-05-15, 15:07
I wouldn't even know about blood poisoning from an infection that's why i dont search out symtoms now its too much knowledge .