PDA

View Full Version : ITP, scarring and poor circulation, please help!!

char123
23-05-15, 11:36
Hi,

So this has been bothering me for some time but I've not really asked anyone about it because I'm scared that it's serious. Okay so I feel like when I have a scrape or a cut, I scar easily. For example, about 3 weeks ago I scraped my foot and it made two scrape cuts and it swelled up. The swelling went down but now I have reddish scars where I cut it. It's like my skin doesn't heal properly. I first noticed it like 2 years ago when I fell over and cut my knees pretty deeply and even know I have scars that are a bit red and it really annoys me. I tried bio-oil on them but I didn't notice any difference. When I think about what it could be it scares me because when I Google it it comes up with stuff like cancer. But I think if it was something serious wouldn't it have affected me more because I noticed it ages ago and I don't really have any other symptoms so I sort of dismiss it.

I've also had ITP that started last June and I wondered if it was an effect from this?? I'm having a blood test to see if my platelets are higher at the hospital at the start of this June so I'm going to ask about my scars then but I just wanted some answers! Is anyone else is like this please reply. It really freaks me out.

My last platelet count was normal but what I find odd as well is that I get blood pin pricks still even if I don't have low platelets. I don't get it?! They're on my arms and feet and there's some on my thighs and I think they come out more in heat. So I'm nervous about going on holiday because I'm so scared that I'll get loads from being in the sun. I don't think my platelets are low because I have no bruises or nose bleeds so why do I still have them??

I think I have poor circulation as well because my feet and hands are always cold and it's so annoying. But I notice that if I stand up for ages my feet and my ankles go bright red and warm. I ts so annoying I can't where shoes that show my feet if I know I'll be stood up for a while and it really bothers me. I don't know if these things are linked at all but I really want answers!

I'm sorry for unloading my 'problems' on here and the long message but I'd really appreciate if you reply. As you can see I freak out easily so please be nice and I'm hoping that nothing is wrong with me and I'm just being overly anxious. If anyone has anything similar I'd appreciate it if you let me know how you deal with it :)
Thanks
P.S I'm a thin, pale16 year old girl if that affects anything. I could probably eat healthier and I don't really exercise much.

Davit
23-05-15, 17:14
Pin pricks are blood vessels close to the surface.
Edema makes your heart work harder, but it also forces blood into your extremities, giving you red feet. Cut out the salt. It stopped my pin prick red spots. raised scarring is proud flesh, it just means you heal fast. It will subside. I have more scars from operations and accidents than you can believe. Some you can barely see.