PDA

View Full Version : worst feeling ever

beautifuldisaster4
23-05-15, 16:21
I thought panic attacks were from something making you anxious ? I'm sitting here doing nothing & out of nowhere I get this overwhelming feeling come over me.. my chest starts to hurt and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm so afraid. I wish I could feel normal and not like I'm on the verge of death every second of everyday.

icingsugar
25-05-15, 16:34
I know the feeling. After my first attack I called an ambulance convinced I was dying. (I live in Italy at the moment and don't speak the language very well/at all) the doctors dismissed me that night and didn't explain what had happened to me, and I spent weeks having daily attacks and all day anxiety because I didn't know what was happening to me. I still get them pretty bad (7 months later), worst of all the day after drinking alcohol I am almost guaranteed to have a bad attack the next night. The worst of it all is I'm not especially anxious when I have them which scares me into thinking it could be something seriously wrong. Or at least, I used to be more anxious in the past and never had an attack until last year so I don't know what the fudge is up with me I'm hoping its the fact im in a foreign country and when I return home it will be okay again :yesyes:

xvolatileheart
25-05-15, 17:58
Panic attacks often happen out of the blue. Unfortunately some of us are sensitised and they can happen for no apparent reason! They are harmless though.