PDA

View Full Version : trimethoprim

crazymum25
23-05-15, 17:00
Help had water infection for six weeks tried loads of medication now they are trying too get me too take these bloody antibiotics anyone taken them please help so scared too take ... Side effects anyone taken these are my last option before they admit me the doctor told me abs he didn't like my symptoms I told him I had anxiety and when he exsamened me he didn't help made me worse

countrygirl
23-05-15, 17:34
This antibioitic is often the only one that now works well on water infections and often one course of this one will get rid of it for good so worth taking them.
That said some people can feel very sick on them but its worth putting up with it because its the only one that will work. My elderly aunty had constant water infections and had tried all other antibiotics but the infections kept coming bck after a few weeks so they put her on this one and although she said she didn't feel very well on them she has not had another water infection since.

crazymum25
23-05-15, 18:16
Thank you so scarred taken them even tho I only have six too take over a three day period .... Two Aday ... My last chance after that they admitting me in hospital so my doctor said bit scary he wasn't very helpful .... Stressed me out abit ignored me completely !!! Just talked over me and didn't really do much apart from my blood pressure temp and made me lay down felt my tummy and where it hurt and told me it could be my appendix !!!! Scary stuff

Frankie123
23-05-15, 18:57
I agree with countrygirl. Trimethoprim is by far the best option and is such a short course of three days. Much better than being admitted to hospital and being put on intravenous antibiotics.

crazymum25
23-05-15, 19:25
Its not that its the fear of taking them and the risk is there don't want too Google !!!

swajj
24-05-15, 05:00
As others have said that antibiotic is a first line defense treatment for UTI. I'm surprised that you weren't given it in the first place. Did the doctor send a sample for urine culture? You need to stop looking up the side effects of medication before you even start taking them. You look them up and then you start taking the meds. You start manifesting the side effects. Get off the internet and take your kids to the zoo or something. Frequent urination is a common symptom of anxiety. I know when I had my first UTI I continued to experience the symptoms of a UTI for weeks after a urine test showed it was completely gone. You may find that distracting yourself for a few hours might alleviate the symptoms. Get off the computer - it clearly isn't helping you at all.