PDA

View Full Version : waiting for an appointment?

kitkats
24-05-15, 00:54
since about wednesday, my left eye has been bothering me. blurry, watery, but i just assumed it was allergies because i do get those around this time of year.

but i woke up today and my left eyelid is slightly discolored (red) and very slightly swollen. so, doing my best not to freak out, i calmly made an appointment with an eye doctor.

aaand i can't get in until tomorrow morning, which started the downward spiral.

it hasn't gotten any worse and there's not even pain. i think the watery stuff coming out might be clear discharge though, because it's thick. the area is warm, but not tender. i got some antibiotic eyedrops and i've taken two doses. they haven't helped yet, but it's only been a few hours.

since i can't get in until tomorrow, i can't stop freaking out. what if it gets worse? what if i wake up and my face is bulging out? what if i go blind overnight?

i can't stop freaking out and thinking that i'm going to be too late to save myself. how can i calm down right now?

lyndau63
24-05-15, 21:08
I don't know a lot about eyes but it sounds like an infection of some kind. It seems really unlikely that anything so drastic as going blind overnight will happen. Good luck with the eye doctor.:)

Gary A
24-05-15, 22:16
Sounds like a pretty bog standard eye infection, possibly conjunctivitis or perhaps a stye under your eyelid. Your eye doctor will diagnose whichever type of infection it is. You really don't have to worry, you have classic symptoms of an eye infection, most of which are very easily treated.