PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Leigh77
26-01-07, 16:32
Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa but everyone calls me Leigh, I am 38, married 18 years and have 2 girls age 17 and 8. I am from NY.

I have suffered from Anxiety and Panic disorder since 2000. I have recently found out that I have an inner ear disorder which has caused a lot of my panic. Doing research I have found that there have been some people who have suffered panic just to find out that an inner ear disorder has been the problem all along.

I still have anxiety though and it is nice to find a place where I can get, give and find support.

Thanks,

Lisa

joelhall
26-01-07, 17:20
hi leigh,

I'm new but settling in ok! Since you found out about your ear infection, has this "changed" your attacks at all? I know you mentioned about the frequency, but are they less intense or anything?

sal
26-01-07, 17:25
Hi Leigh

Welcome to the site. It must have been some relief to find out about your inner ear disorder that has caused a lot of your panic. I can imagine you still have anxiety as it isnt like a cold where it can disappear over night. But now you have the strength and knowledge and i am sure with all the support and help you will get on this site you will get along just great.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

manmoor
26-01-07, 21:24
Hi Leigh,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

honeybee3939
26-01-07, 21:39
Hi Leigh

A BIG warm welcome to you , lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

kazzie
26-01-07, 22:07
Hi Leigh

Welcome

YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE

luv kaz x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

Leigh77
27-01-07, 00:39
Thank You for the welcome.

I did feel better that I had some reason for the panic attacks. Now when I am in a store I know it is the inner ear problem that I have and not an attack. But I still suffer from anxiety all the time. I still worry that the doctors were wrong and that I also will get very sick again. I am still recovery from this for a year.

Thanks again.

Leigh

trac67
27-01-07, 09:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
27-01-07, 18:47
Hi Leigh

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some fantastic people here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel