PDA

View Full Version : bowles

nicolag84
24-05-15, 09:34
Hi can someone one jelp me please .abit about myself iv had trouble for years with goin to the toilet find it hard to poop and when i was gettin sweaty i would wipe my bum and there would be blood .so as u can see had iv had problems with this. But now am 99%sure iv got bc or cc cos iv bin gettin more blood when i poop and even when i dont poop there is sum blood there .since gettin ha iv had that many cancers and hange my doctors cos she was nasty with me .only last week i went to the doctors over my boobs bein sore and nipple bein dry .this morning iv had a poop no blood .if it was anything bad surely the blood would be there every time i go .

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 09:42
With you having trouble going, are you straining a lot? If so, it could be piles. These will bleed when irritated or just from wiping with rough paper or too much. You can have flare ups with them were they seem to play up for a while and then you go ages without them causing any problems. I've had mine for a good 15+ years and they bothered my most in my twenties. Now they don't seem to bleed much ata ll, no matter how much straining I may have been doing over a period of time.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 10:02
Yesterday my poop was really hard and had mucus on it .iv got piles but my ha wont let me believe its them and cos there was more blood the usual am in a panic now .iv had a softer poop this morning no blood .i do keep trllin my self if it was anything bad it would bleed every time i have a poop surely.

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 10:15
The mucus is something I've had too and its been all the way back into my early-mid twenties so something would have happened to me if it was anything more.

If it was really hard, could you have been straining more and for longer? If so, it could easily be just that.

Each time its a softer stool if it doesn't bleed, it sounds like your piles.

Maybe you need some treatment for them? I had flare ups with mine and needed treatment for them for months on a couple of occasions. If you are anxious at lot right now, it going to cause you problems with digestion & evacuation anyway so its just going to add to them problem.

Make sure you are getting a load of fibre too so that your stools are softer.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 10:20
Did u bleed with out pooping cos iv had this to about 5 times over the past month

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 10:24
Yes, its not completely connected anyway since we can scratch to cause it, wipe for other reasons maybe (perhaps more for women?), rubbing on underwear can cause it when they are inflamed and exercise can cause it too. Did you known piles are extremely common to weightlifting athletes? This is because the straining that can cause or irritate existing ones isn't just when you go to the toilet.

I would find some dried blood in my underwear and they would itch a lot too. This could be when I hadn't gone or just much later in the day so not connected to the bowel movement.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 10:48
Am worried sick it cancer. My doctor iv got now is really nice but dontxwant him gettin fed up of me cos iv alway jump to cancer every time i have something

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

And mist of the time i feel like iv not fully emptied to

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 10:49
Hopefully he/she is a good GP and will understand that mental health is as important (and just as serious) as physical health.

I think the best thing to do would be to talk to your GP about your HA to see what they can do for you. There are ways of challenging these thoughts (e.g. CBT Thought Records) and ways to bring your anxiety levels in general down so that you are less triggered.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 11:07
I see him every 2 weeks over my anxiety and start level 3 of cbt next month .iv bin doin really well but for the last week or so am but to this

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 11:16
Thats good. He obviously takes monitoring seriously so don't be afraid to tell him how you feel. CBT should help you understand this more and what you can do about it.

There are lots of important parts in CBT that you will learn about, one hopefully being Cognitive Distortions which are very obvious on the HA board. These cover how negative thinking styles look at situations in a distorted manner e.g. disqualifying other evidence in favour of the one thing you are afraid of, maximising the minor evidence so it fits the thing you fear, minimising the other evidence to push it out of focus, catastrophizing, generalising where one or a few cases make you believe in the outcome, jumping to conclusions, emotional reasoning, etc.

They will work with you to change how you approach these situations. This is where things like Thought Records are used so that you challenge thoughts on paper.

Some people find journalling helpful. I think this is because it gets it out of your head so you can really see it in front of you. This is why Thought Records are a good tool as well as they will mean you spend less time ruminating on the issue and more time disproving the issue.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 11:34
Iv had cbt 2 times now this will be my 3 time and iv just had another poop and no blood but its much softer but still hard to get out sorry tmi

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 11:44
Thats ok, many of us go through it. If think we are all used to this kind of stuff, its common with anxiety so don't worry about talking about it.

Can you see where CBT didn't work for you the first 2 times? I've only had it once but since learning a lot more about it all I can point to a few areas that prevented it from helping me as much as it could have.

nicolag84
24-05-15, 12:09
First time was years ago and that was over trusting and it help me alot .i only had it about 3 months ago and it work but i was still havin anxiety ao the mental health nurse said about me havin level 3 its more intense .do u think me havin to poop today with no blood is a good sign its not cancer and thank u for takin the time out to talk to me .means alot

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-15, 12:18
I don't have HA, I have GAD & OCD, so whilst I cannot fully appreciate how this works in your mind, them same applies to my issues if others don't have them.

So, if I was in your situation with the blood I would see it, probably remember all the TV ads about it and then remember that I also have had piles for ages and they are very very common and very very likely to cause bleeding in that area. I would then look at the faact I can see a pattern of it not happening and see that softer stools would equl less straining and hard stools would equal more straining. More straining means more inflamation of piles and that means more potential for bleeding.

That would be my evidence against that initial twinge of a thought about the cancer ads. Of course, what you feel is much much stronger so is going to take a lot more to change how you think about it but its acknowledging that there are other far more likely possibilities in play that is needed and over time, with a reduction in how you react to these triggers, things will change and you will regain more control of this.

I think having no blood today is a good sign. I don't know about cancer, its thats for a GP to say, but what I can say is the above - there are more likely reasons for it.

Level 3 is the full CBT therapy, Level 2 is more self help stages and far less intense. Its more Level 3 that you really need as Level 2 is little more than you can get off CBT-based self help websites really just with someone to talk to.

Thats ok, thats what we are all on here for, to help each other.