PDA

View Full Version : omg my nose

crazymum25
24-05-15, 14:41
No.cold or sneezing but my left nostral blocked I can't breathe in and out of it same side I'm getting leg pain chest pain and shooting pain I'm my arse cheek I'm scared now why my nose being like this

Liv7117
24-05-15, 16:23
I also have a blocked nostril. I'm pretty sure it's allergies, don't worry about it! Sometimes when the pollen count is high your nose can become inflamed and blocked up

lyndau63
24-05-15, 20:57
Nose is nothing to worry about I think. Pain in leg and bun sounds like sciatica.

swajj
25-05-15, 08:44
Are you for real? Have a bloody listen to yourself. It's something new every other day. You ignore all advice given to you and just keep posting utter nonsense. At the risk of being criticised for even entertaining the thpought I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you are full of it. I'll go one step further and say that you sound remarkably like *another poster here. If you do happen to be genuine then I am appalled that you are actually raising children. Get off the damn computer and look after your children because you are affecting their mental health. If you are just *playing* then you should be ashamed of yourself for making a mockery of those with real issues. Either way you need to get a grip.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Are you for real? Have a bloody listen to yourself. It's something new every other day. You ignore all advice given to you and just keep posting utter nonsense. At the risk of being criticised for even entertaining the thpought I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you are full of it. I'll go one step further and say that you sound remarkably like *another poster here. If you do happen to be genuine then I am appalled that you are actually raising children. Get off the damn computer and look after your children because you are affecting their mental health. If you are just *playing* then you should be ashamed of yourself for making a mockery of those with real issues. Either way you need to get a grip. To those of you who are bound to explain away the op's behaviour? Don't bother because regardless of what anyone here thinks about my comments I don't and won't regret them. Moreover I know there are people here who are thinking exactly the same way as I am.

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 08:44
I believe the OP has Histrionic Personality Disorder, swajj so that may be having an impact on this? One of the traits is attention seeking.

swajj
25-05-15, 08:50
Sorry about the double post but it was worthwhile saying twice anyway. Again, go and look after your children.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I'm aware of what th op is supposed to have Terry. It doesn't change the fact that her children are being subjected to this type of mental abuse on a daily basis. If I knew her real name I would report her to your child protection agency. That's assuming *she* is for real.

Dazza123
25-05-15, 09:11
I have to admit I do despair sometimes also Swajj.

Crazymum, what help are you getting for your illness?

Instead of posting continual threads about your daily issues, why not speak to people on here, and see if useful advice can be given, and then taken onboard by you to help yourself get better. Posting about every ache and pain isn't going to help you, it just causes hysteria. It's time to stop for a second, think about what help and support you need, and then find a way of getting it.

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 09:15
I posted that before you added your double, swajj, as I thought you may not know and it may have some bearing on the situation.

I can't say asknow anything about the rest so I'll leave it there.

swajj
25-05-15, 09:34
Ok Terry. My main concern is with the children. I can honestly say that I have kepy my HA hidden from my children because I didn't want it to impact on their mental health. Compared to the op my level of HA is very mild. So when I read the content of the op's posts I don't see how she could possibly be keeping it from her children. If she is genuine then her anxiety is severe.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Dazza I am by nature a sceptical person but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. There is just something about this op's posts that doesn't ring true and as I stated earlier her posts are remarkably similiar to the posts of another member. Of course I could be completely wrong. In fact, I hope I am because that would mean that vulnerable children aren't being exposed to such an unheallthy role model.

Gary A
25-05-15, 09:38
From experience now, the best thing to do if she annoys you is ignore her, and just let the people who want to defend her deal with it.

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 09:38
Yes, I agree her anxiety is severe. She needs a lot of support. Having a PD might mean she will access the higher level services quicker, if just anxiety you go in the queue with everyone else as long as there isn't a harm issue or addiction with it.

Since her GP will be involved, I'm sure they are monitoring.

swajj
25-05-15, 09:54
So in other words Gary "if I don't have something useful to say then just don't read her posts"? I wish I had that kind of self-control. But I don't so I'll wear the crticism.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

You are a very tolerant person Terry. Do you have children Terry? You don't have to answer if you would rather not.:)

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 10:07
No, I don't have any children. I've just learnt not to let forums affect me anymore, so it may come across that way. :winks:

swajj
25-05-15, 10:24
And I've learnt that there are a lot of scammers on forums and they annoy the hell out of me. But thanks for answering. You thought I was going to say "well if you don't have children then that explains why you can't relate to how I feel" didn't you? I actually was going to say that but it just seemed too predictable. Lol :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 10:33
Damn! Out foxed again! :D Besides, as a teacher I'm sure you know better than most that biology doesn't equate to parenting skills.

It is true, there are a lot of scammers in forums. I used to get annoyed with the market affiliates using forums to promote their products. On the forum I was on before joining here (not a health one) it was always a good tactic to spend time agreeing with them to reel them in and then make fun of their contradictions so they ended up leaving. I just report them on here when I find them instead.

crazymum25
25-05-15, 11:50
Oh thank you guys that's not very nice stall ... I'm a worried woman my daughter is in her care of her father right now we have shared access along with support from my family yes I'm receiving therapy and my health anxiety and personality disorder is high at the minute but that doesn't mean I'm a bad mum on any level I spend my time with her and care and love my child .... I have one .... And a step son .... I don't understand how some of you could be so cruel I'm dealing with constant daily battles and I'm on here for support not abuse if I wanted abuse I'd go back too my violent relationship .... Reporting me too social services?? Listen too yourselfs I'm far from a bad mother I have just gone through a lengthy court case and I assure you there that they see im a good mum with a part time job clean house and provide and love ... But yes I have health issues that I'm trying too deal with so please do not ever bring my children into it that's so unfair ... I am a human and do have feelings respect please I respect you lot .... We supposed too reunite and help each other through the dark so why are you being nasty and judgemental

Gary A
25-05-15, 11:52
You were freaked out because you had a blocked nostril. Sorry, but some people have a hard time buying that type of thing.

crazymum25
25-05-15, 12:05
Swajj how dare you say I'm a fake person seriously and a unhealthy role model its not always been this way I've had a very stressful last two years mental abuse and physical abuse ... By the father of my child we haven't been together for five years and I've had too deal with abuse still because he sees his daughter I've just been through a long court case and getting therapy for this .... Too I do not think you are a very nice person .... How xsn you be so cruel when you have had it or maybe going through ha yourself?? Do you understand that when it takes a hold the fear is intense and logic goes out the window I can assure you my child is not in danger

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Gary a yes because I've been ill had a water infection .... Cough and flu like symptoms pain in leg so every thing does freak me out Gary I have two blocked ones today !!! And you have too understand it's not just the nostril !!! But other pain !!!

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Defending??? Are you for real listen too yourself?? We supposed too be all together united !!!

swajj
25-05-15, 12:18
I didn't bring up your children you did on more than one of your many many threads. People do support you but you rattle on and on and usually don't even bother to answer when you are asked to clarify or given advice. I won't comment on you posts anymore because it is a waste of time. You don't come here for support or advice. You come here so that you can draw other people into your latest delusion. No thanks. Btw yes I would report you to Social Services if I felt it was the best way to protect your children.

Gary A
25-05-15, 12:28
You need to be told that your actions are negative. You should neither be applauded or encouraged to keep behaving in such ways. I will not enable you, I will tell you what you need to hear.

Sympathy and support ARE NOT WORKING, you're getting worse.

Sam123
25-05-15, 12:43
@crazymum25 the forum is for help support and guidance. However you seem to be getting none of this from here.
Well people are giving you great advice on what to do about your anxiety, but repetitive posts about symptoms that to some people are rather far fetched is not going to help you in the long run.

If anything it is making you worse, you're feeding your anxiety. You need to concentrate on the anxiety not all of the benign symptoms you're experiencing otherwise you will have these symptoms and feel the way you do for a very long time.

I think the question is what response do you want from your threads? There is nothing anyone can say.

You can only get better once you understand that you do not have a terminal illness and what you have is Health anxiety, amongst others.
I think everyone want's to help or wanted to help, but it's very hard when their advice seems to be ignored and you keep coming back with symptom upon symptom and triggering threads.

I don't know your current situation but if you are seeking professional help, try to concentrate on this maybe do some positive posts about how this is going for you. There are tools at your disposal especially on here to allow you to get help, but you have to want them and with you currently being blinded by your fear of these symptoms it's rather difficult.

I would recommend relaxation techniques, a lot of them, and distraction methods right now.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2374&d=1432553543

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2374&d=1432553543

Fishmanpa
25-05-15, 14:55
From another post... just to reiterate... And you never answered the question which raises questions....

CMum,

I'm going to venture out on a limb and say that I feel this forum, in light of your situation and diagnosis, is not a good place to be for you. While it's cathartic in allowing you to write out your fears, it's also giving them a life of their own. Your fear, of whatever it happens to be, is born when you put it on the forum and it lives on with each response further ingraining it into your psyche. Does your therapist agree with your participation? I've found that most who undertake psychotherapy are advised against it.

Just an observation. And it's quite apparent reassurance isn't helping at all.

Positive thoughts

Again... positive thoughts

worrywart29
25-05-15, 15:09
What does how much she post have to do with anyone in this forum? We all are suffering from the same or similar issues so I find it amazing how someone who knows how hard this battle is could sit there and ridicule someone else. That's like two people suffering from cancer pains and one with not so severe pain getting mad at the other because their pain is worse and they are constantly crying. Maybe some of our HA is not as severe as hers but that doesn't mean she is not genuinely suffering. It's bad enough she is already clearly on edge I can only imagine how much worse reading these comments made her feel. It's sad when you can't get support from a so called "support group"

Dazza123
25-05-15, 15:23
Posting constantly, but not acting on any advice, or even replying at times isn't going to get anyone anywhere is it. We all at some point have to take responsibility for our condition and attempt to help ourselves, which is extremely hard, but its the only way forward.

Sympathy and support hasn't helped this lady, so maybe she just needs a kick up the backside to actually start to get to grips with things and move forward. This is something I needed myself, and it helped.

You know how sometimes people in tv soaps are hysterical, and a kind person gives them a slap across the face to shock them into stopping the hysteria? Well I feel sometimes people need a virtual one just to make them stop for a second, snap out of the hysteria, and realise that they do need to help themselves as well as receive help from others.

Tea and sympathy isn't always the answer, this lady needs help, but constantly posting symptoms and worries isn't helping, so its time to try something else. We all want you to get better Crazymum, but the current situation and threads isn't whats helping you is it, so you need to explore other ways :)

KayeS
25-05-15, 16:23
The thing is, sometimes a forum like this can be hugely helpful as it has been with me, but it can also be something that can feed anxiety. I have even logged on here JUST OUT OF HABIT when I've not even had any health issues, and ended up reading something that made me panic. Sometimes having this open forum where you can constantly talk and obsess over your symptoms is not a good thing for some people, not all, but some, and actually sometimes, some tough love is what's needed.

Sam123
25-05-15, 17:00
@Worrywart29 i think the OP has had nothing but support. It is a matter of being cruel to be kind, the continuous threads and symptom checking here is not helping her at all, if anything it seems her anxiety is getting worse. That's why people are showing concern, quite the opposite of not caring.

I for one do care :)

crazymum25
25-05-15, 23:34
Your nasty and cruel thats all I can say even with what I'm going through the court evdm ruled me as the main career and also no social services in my life I work still and maintain a basic life its fear and worries that get too me IG anything I'm over protective too my children and always making sure they are in so do not question my ability too look after children when. I have worked and helped abused children and young adults in my day too day life .... You are not a nice person please never comment on my threads again I'm sending you a hug hope my love heals you good day

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Gary A and worry wart and everyone else I thank you all I'm just really ashamed of that one person actually judging my ability with my children yes I suffer from mental health and health anxiety its got beyond stupid can you not see I'm trying ! I do not take medication for any of it as my go says I will do better on therapy and hypnotherapy which I do twice a week I'm trying my children and family are loved please never judge anyone over a thread we all have different minds and life's that should be encouraged and brought happiness not this stupidity ..... Peace love n light

Gary A
25-05-15, 23:47
You've given some pretty sound advice to another poster in another thread. You clearly do know the rights and wrongs, so my advice to you is heed your own words. I can accept and understand repeated posts about lumps, chest pain, dizziness etc, but when someone is posting that they're terrified because of a blocked nostril or convinced they're going to die because they took two sleeping tablets, I think it's only human to have a degree of skepticism about that.

worrywart29
26-05-15, 00:06
@Worrywart29 i think the OP has had nothing but support. It is a matter of being cruel to be kind, the continuous threads and symptom checking here is not helping her at all, if anything it seems her anxiety is getting worse. That's why people are showing concern, quite the opposite of not caring.

I for one do care :)

Sometimes what's enough support for one person is not enough for the next. Most of us do not have our own anxiety in check so how dare we judge.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 00:07
Yes I take what you say and others on board Gary sometimes with a pinch of salt .... I just think it's unacceptable behavior for people too cyber bully ... Especially on a site that should be like a safe haven .... Do you know I was in dispear before this site thinking I was crazy and no one understands me .... But it has made me realise that actually I'm not and why should I question myself ... I feel deeply sorry for some people not being open minded enough too understand that people do battle in their minds and sometimes there is not actually a reason why you are Like it ... It can just happen! People judge so much it makes me ashamed .... I use this expression .... I never pass a homeless person on the street without a smile ... For we never no what the future holds for anyone .... And I would like too think that especially in this day and age empathy and a ear too listen goes a long way .... Just because I do not fit in the Normal term of society whatever normal is I'm not an animal or bad person because I have these worries and fears I will not bullied or feel threatened by anyone I am who I am I'm receiving as much help the best way I can and know hell yes I make mistakes and yes I over react but let's face it .... It is not such a bad thing being worried etc its the loss of control that I need a grip on ... Thank you not aimed at you I'm venting abit here peace love n light we are all different one possitve out of this experience life advent whatever you want too call it is I'm now loving myself and learning and I am stronger in many ways than I was before peace love n light crazy by name and in nature

lyndau63
26-05-15, 00:32
I must admit I log on out of habit and sometimes wonder whether I may read something that will make me worse. However, I do it because, when I am okay, I am desperate to help someone who is not because I know what it feels like. I had a really bad night and have had a bad day finding lumps. The worst day I have had for weeks but, although I have logged on here several times, I don't quite know how to ask for help for this one. Have had an answer to couple of other things over the past few days and have been grateful for the replies but this is hard to deal with because only a doctor can check my lumps. Sorry to hijack the post but just wanted to say that I know how irrational HA can make you.

Gary A
26-05-15, 00:43
I've been chastised on this site on one or two occasions for the bluntness of some of my replies, but I never set out to hurt anyone. If someone posts something that I find absurd, I'll tell them I find it absurd. Not because I want that person to feel bad, but because I want them to say to themselves "you know what, that actually is absurd, why am I thinking like this?"

It's the same with you. I'm pointing out that people are struggling to take you seriously. A lot of those same people suffer immensely with health anxiety of their own. Again, I point this out to you not to make you feel bad, but to get you to ask yourself why these same people, who have irrational fears of their own, doubt yours so much. I want you to reiterate the point to yourself that your fears are so out of touch with reality, that people who openly admit to being irrational find them unbelievable. Does that not strike a chord with you at all?

I get you may have an issue with mental health but this is the type of thinking you'll be encouraged to do. You'll be encouraged to seek the logic in a given situation and recognise the absurdity in some of your thoughts. If you get to a point where you find your thoughts ridiculous, GOOD, that's the start of recovery.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 00:52
Never apologise too me for hijacking again we are all in the same boat here and I don't judge anyone if I can help I will .... I understand stop looking for lumps make yourself sore and tender .... Leave it .... Keep your mind away from lumps of any forms see how you feel tomorrow if you feel worse or scared go speak too your go let them exsam you they no what they are checking for trained your not so your frantically checking obsessing think stop breathe slowly then think logically .... X

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Gary sometimes I think it's ridiculous but I still use the but and what if being honest just like you I'm direct but I can speak too people in a manner they can relate and feel comftable with .... Not a dig at you in sby way there just I'm a peoples person and open too many things .... Have many friends from all walks of life ... I can quiet literally pyr myself in someone's shoes .... I call it a gift some would say a curse .... But it's ok .... I deal with it I would like too think I'm the road too recovery .... But I no I'm still battling day too day

lyndau63
26-05-15, 00:59
Thank you for your help and wise words. I will try not to touch them all night and see how I feel in the morning.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 01:09
Its ok camomile tea is great so is milk and honey try rest ... Even if you can't sleep rest your eyes .... Be ok .... You made it through today right? Your make it through tomorrow peace love n light x

swajj
26-05-15, 02:44
What does how much she post have to do with anyone in this forum? We all are suffering from the same or similar issues so I find it amazing how someone who knows how hard this battle is could sit there and ridicule someone else. That's like two people suffering from cancer pains and one with not so severe pain getting mad at the other because their pain is worse and they are constantly crying. Maybe some of our HA is not as severe as hers but that doesn't mean she is not genuinely suffering. It's bad enough she is already clearly on edge I can only imagine how much worse reading these comments made her feel. It's sad when you can't get support from a so called "support group"

Actually it's nothing like two people suffering cancer pains. And that is an insult to those who are suffering such a devastating illness. The overwhelming majority of people with HA actually have nothing wrong with them in terms o f physiological illnesses. In addition to all that you may have heard the term freedom of speech? Most people posting on the op's threads have tried to help her. Most of the time she doesn't even bother to reply. So she's hardly keeping up her end of the bargain when it comes to showing consideration for other sufferers.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-15, 05:11
I think worrywart29 was providing an example of 2 cancer patients on a cancer forum, not a comparison between a cancer patient and someone with HA.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

I must admit I log on out of habit and sometimes wonder whether I may read something that will make me worse. However, I do it because, when I am okay, I am desperate to help someone who is not because I know what it feels like. I had a really bad night and have had a bad day finding lumps. The worst day I have had for weeks but, although I have logged on here several times, I don't quite know how to ask for help for this one. Have had an answer to couple of other things over the past few days and have been grateful for the replies but this is hard to deal with because only a doctor can check my lumps. Sorry to hijack the post but just wanted to say that I know how irrational HA can make you.

There is no reason why you can't ask about this, Lynda. Whilst no one on here can check or has the knowledge a GP does, a lot of GP's are not very aware of how anxiety works and thats something you can get off here.

I bang on about Cognitive Distortions a lot on here and thats because I see it in so many posts. The interesting thing is that these distortions tend to be focussed inwards so we can give a more balanced opinion about somebody elses issues. Thats what you can gain from here, many second opinions about your thinking.

worrywart29
26-05-15, 06:15
Actually it's nothing like two people suffering cancer pains. And that is an insult to those who are suffering such a devastating illness. The overwhelming majority of people with HA actually have nothing wrong with them in terms o f physiological illnesses. In addition to all that you may have heard the term freedom of speech? Most people posting on the op's threads have tried to help her. Most of the time she doesn't even bother to reply. So she's hardly keeping up her end of the bargain when it comes to showing consideration for other sufferers.

Yes I have heard of freedom of speech and I'm exercising my right to freedom of speech right now. Don't like it well that's to bad. If you are going to get on a site and try to be a bully then you need to find another hobby and get a life. You're the last person that should speak about consideration for other suffers as you clearly don't have an ounce of consideration. The fact that you brought her children in to this was pure disgusting. I'm a mom that suffer from anxiety and no matter if I complain on this site or to someone else every minute of the day my son doesn't know about it. So for you to assume that by her posting here to mean that she is not taking proper care of her kids is just absurd. Next time instead of exercising freedom of speech exercise your right to keep your mouth closed.

Thank you Terry that's exactly what I meant. Wasn't comparing ha to cancer by any means. The point was two people suffering from the same illness have no right to point fingers at the next when they are supposedly going through the same thing.

KeeKee
26-05-15, 07:57
I would also like to add that I am a mother, occasionally get bouts of severe HA, have depression, BDD and I have personally voiced my concerns regarding my daughter to a professional and it's takes a hell of a lot for a child to be affected by this. There have been times I have actually cried in front of my daughter and she is no different to anyone else's child. I think it is unnecessary to bring someone's child into it, social services will not take her child away for this, I know because I have worried about the same thing and mentioned it to a therapist. Her child (like mine) is probably oblivious to her having anything wrong.
Some of the comments stating they'd contact social services are absolutely uncalled for. I know quite a few people with mental health issues, not one of them have ever had their parenting investigated. I think it is a cheap dig and the callous comments made by some on here (not all, may I add, a lot of names I actually secretly hope will respond to my posts) are the reason why I am coming on here less and less (my Ha is under control don't get me wrong, but all I see when I read some responses is lack of compassion and I cannot stand it when people say 'get a grip').
A year ago this website was like a plaster to me, I had a wound, it helped heal it, now I frequently see blunt posts that were barely even existent then. I shall be seeking another forum for myself soon and for those who have responded to my posts and those who have PM'd me, thank you all so much for your advise, I can't express how much you have helped in my hour (or hours) of need and for that I am so grateful.
I wish everyone all the best.

Emilym80
26-05-15, 08:22
Hi Crazymum,

I'd like to ask you- do you think this site genuinely helps you? This isn't meant as criticism, but I'm wondering if you've thought about it. It seems that you post a lot of your concerns here, but the response of others doesn't seem to be of great comfort to you.

Is it possible that, by coming here and posting, you're actually making your anxiety worse? I know that sometimes coming here makes my HA worse as I begin to worry about things that hadn't even occurred to me previously. Maybe have a think about it and if you're unsure as to whether or not it's helpful for you to use NMP, maybe you should take a break. If it is helpful, please continue to use it! But I think it's something you should consider, as you may be developing a habit of constantly needing reassurance for your concerns, the kind that nobody here can provide you with, which just makes your anxiety worse.

This is just something I was wondering about and, again, please don't take it as criticism. I know you have things other than HA which complicates matters for you. In any case, I wish you all the best. And I think your nose is fine :)

All the best!

swajj
26-05-15, 09:21
Worrywart your definition of a bully is probably anyone who has a different opinion to you. I'll post on any thread on this site that I feel like. Noone here owns a thread and therefore noone has the right to tell other members to stay out of a thread.. I have tried to give this op helpful advice. Lots of people have. It is just ignored and the next thing that happens is a new thread pops up with a new set of symptoms. I admire the people here who have the strength of character to pull someone up when they are hyserical and illogical. Sadly almost everytime I see.those people doing that they are criticised and called bullies.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

I would also like to add that I am a mother, occasionally get bouts of severe HA, have depression, BDD and I have personally voiced my concerns regarding my daughter to a professional and it's takes a hell of a lot for a child to be affected by this. There have been times I have actually cried in front of my daughter and she is no different to anyone else's child. I think it is unnecessary to bring someone's child into it, social services will not take her child away for this, I know because I have worried about the same thing and mentioned it to a therapist. Her child (like mine) is probably oblivious to her having anything wrong.
Some of the comments stating they'd contact social services are absolutely uncalled for. I know quite a few people with mental health issues, not one of them have ever had their parenting investigated. I think it is a cheap dig and the callous comments made by some on here (not all, may I add, a lot of names I actually secretly hope will respond to my posts) are the reason why I am coming on here less and less (my Ha is under control don't get me wrong, but all I see when I read some responses is lack of compassion and I cannot stand it when people say 'get a grip').
A year ago this website was like a plaster to me, I had a wound, it helped heal it, now I frequently see blunt posts that were barely even existent then. I shall be seeking another forum for myself soon and for those who have responded to my posts and those who have PM'd me, thank you all so much for your advise, I can't express how much you have helped in my hour (or hours) of need and for that I am so grateful.
I wish everyone all the best.

Are you saying that the psychologist told you that it takes a heck of a lot to affect the mental health of a child?

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Actually don't bother answering that. I disagree with it but have no desire to have a long drawn out discussion about it.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Terry it was insensitive in the extreme considering we have people here who are actually dealing with cancer.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-15, 09:28
Sorry swajj, I don't understand that.

This next bit is general, not a response to swajj.

Some months back there was a similiar thread about Rik Mayall and that one did get very heated but a lot of that was because of some activity off NMP. I know Nic dealt with this and because I didn't see it personally, I can't say I know who was in the wrong there regardless of Nic's decision. However, it did spark a thread about how people comment and more recently this seems to an issue so I thought I would post it to show the reactions.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=164380

It was a mixed bag as ever with some people preferring to be told how it is and some not. And thats the point, we just don't know how people will react.

I'm surprised there is no admin activity though as normally they would be keeping an eye on things. Then they could advice on what is appropriate and prevent any offence to either side.

swajj
26-05-15, 09:48
I've been here for years Terry. I have rarely felt the need to speak bluntly to other members. Check all of my posts if you really need proof of that. I think Nic and the other mods would know that. In fact I have always admired Nic because she is both kind and blunt at times. I have seen Nic criticised for her bluntness so maybe she understands. However I imagine that by now I have been reported by numerous people so if the mods see fit to ban me then I'll survive. Just so we are clear I have no regrets about anything I have said.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Btw I don't remember the Mayall thread and have no recollection of contributing to a thread like you described. But then I don't come here for long periods of time so it's more than likely that I never saw it.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-15, 09:50
No, I don't think thats going to be an issue, swajj. I don't need any proof of it, its none of my business anyway, its Nic's website. I wasn't just referring to this thread though, the exchange on the other one is something the admins would normally stop by asking for people to leave it and I would expect they would only do the same on here. I only mentioned my surprise because they are not around as much, even to answer questions we are posing to them.

Regardless of any reporting, Nic & co will always make their own decision and I've always found them to be very liberal anyway.

I know some of the people on here prefer plain speaking, but I've found its mostly on the HA board. I can remember cpe1978 telling his GP to be that way in his blog.

Disputes are going to happen from time to time. I've said this a few times but any heated discussions on here are nothing compared to some non health forums where people really go at it with each other. And I'll also say that I don't think anyone should ever leave because of it either because its just part of forum life and you will find it anywhere. I have my disputes with people on here from time to time.

No, I seem to recall you saying you had just come back after not being on here for a while. I know you weren't in the Rik Mayall one as I remember reading it, it was months before you came back. It was just to highlight that opinion is mixed on whether people should be soft or hard on the issue of being blunt and to show there is support on either side of the argument. Some of what MRS STRESSED was saying was also about some of the things said in that thread which are not relevant here but the discussion turned more to the approach people take hence its relevant. I'm trying not to state my own opinion on this as I don't want any disagreement with anyone...so ignore my comments in that thread! :doh: I'm sure there will be others out there, I can remember some on the HA board itself, I think cpe1978 raised a few in the past to discuss it.

swajj
26-05-15, 10:34
Oh I'm no stranger to chat forums Terry. I posted on the ebay forum for many years. Long before they "tamed" it. :shades:

lyndau63
26-05-15, 10:39
Its ok camomile tea is great so is milk and honey try rest ... Even if you can't sleep rest your eyes .... Be ok .... You made it through today right? Your make it through tomorrow peace love n light x

Thank you for this. I had a better night and feel fine now.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

I think worrywart29 was providing an example of 2 cancer patients on a cancer forum, not a comparison between a cancer patient and someone with HA.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

There is no reason why you can't ask about this, Lynda. Whilst no one on here can check or has the knowledge a GP does, a lot of GP's are not very aware of how anxiety works and thats something you can get off here.

I bang on about Cognitive Distortions a lot on here and thats because I see it in so many posts. The interesting thing is that these distortions tend to be focussed inwards so we can give a more balanced opinion about somebody elses issues. Thats what you can gain from here, many second opinions about your thinking.

Thank you Terry. I am fine tis morning.

worrywart29
26-05-15, 12:03
[QUOTE=swajj;1431559]Worrywart your definition of a bully is probably anyone who has a different opinion to you. I'll post on any thread on this site that I feel like. Noone here owns a thread and therefore noone has the right to tell other members to stay out of a thread..

Quite the contrary because if I recall correctly I never addressed you personally, I simply asked what does how much she post have to do with anyone else. You never saw your name mentioned yet you addressed me asking if I heard of freedom of speech. I can care less if your opinion differ from mines and honestly wasn't even thinking about you until you addressed me. At which time I had to let you know just how disgusting you sounded in your comment. Please save the excuse that you tried to help her, if you genuinely tried to help her and felt you had enough of "trying" to help you simply could have stopped offering your assistance instead of trying to tear someone down and bringing up her kids.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 23:00
Thank you all for your words and support I just hope we can all carry on supporting each other in one way or another we may disagree time too time but hay ... If I could cure you all.I would .... Listen I should have not behaved in such a manly way I apologize for that and worry wart 29 you are one heck of a good role model be proud of yourself sweetie seriously . thank you x

worrywart29
27-05-15, 19:59
No problem I understand what you are going through. Feel free to send me a message if you ever want to talk.

swajj
28-05-15, 11:50
[QUOTE=swajj;1431559]Worrywart your definition of a bully is probably anyone who has a different opinion to you. I'll post on any thread on this site that I feel like. Noone here owns a thread and therefore noone has the right to tell other members to stay out of a thread..

Quite the contrary because if I recall correctly I never addressed you personally, I simply asked what does how much she post have to do with anyone else. You never saw your name mentioned yet you addressed me asking if I heard of freedom of speech. I can care less if your opinion differ from mines and honestly wasn't even thinking about you until you addressed me. At which time I had to let you know just how disgusting you sounded in your comment. Please save the excuse that you tried to help her, if you genuinely tried to help her and felt you had enough of "trying" to help you simply could have stopped offering your assistance instead of trying to tear someone down and bringing up her kids.
lol