PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic...... bladder/wee issues

jarmummy123
24-05-15, 15:37
Hi All

Had 2 UTIs in Jan/Feb, GP said nothing to worry about but referred me to urologist to calm me down!. Urologist said didn't need any tests was nothing to worry about. I requested a cystoscopy which urologist said I didn't need but would happy to do one. Cystoscopy didn't go to plan, they couldn't get the camera in. A different urologist said she thought I had either a narrow water pipe or a stricture. A appt was made for me to have a dilation. Had a panic over dilation as read horrible things about them. Went to see urologist on Friday, he asked how things were and I said not to bad (forgot to tell him about the slight UTI I got after the cystoscopy). I said I wasn't keen on having this done and told him, i said could we watch and wait and see how things, and he said yes and if I have any problems to tell my GP to refer me back to him. He said he didn't know if it was a stricture and could be I just have a narrow water pipe.......... I asked if it could be anything more serious and he said 'at your age (35) I wouldn't worry about that'.........

Today, my bladder feels odd, like I am aware of it but not painful. Was I stupid to cancel my op........... would he was insisted if he thought I should have it? I get bladder issues on and off....... somedays I wee alot others I don't, some days it can feel sore esp if I don't drink alot........

jaynehal
26-05-15, 21:58
I had this worry for 8 months convincing myself it was serious had all the tests done and got the all clear and surprise surprise it went, it is defo a big anxiety symptom I was weeing every half hour x