PDA

View Full Version : Managed to convince myself I have appendicitis

GingerFish
24-05-15, 18:38
Yesterday when I stood up, I noticed some cramping in my lower right abdomen. I didn't feel it while I was sitting down, just when I stood up and moved around. 24 hours on, I still have this pain on and off. Its not a sharp pain, its more crampy, pressurised and uncomfortable if that makes sense? Its about 2/10. Most of the time the pain isn't there but if I walk sometimes or stretch a certain way it comes back and moves across to my flank and pelvic bone. The area isn't tender to touch and I still have an appetite, no constipation, diarrhea or fever.

I have noticed my pee is cloudy and extra smelly. I went for a bath because the smell was that bad and even a bath didn't get rid of the smell from down there after it.

This would scream UTI to mos people but I've been worked up all day thinking I have appendicitis instead just because its in the lower right side of my abdomen. Maybe today is just bad day HA wise as I don't really get panic attacks or GAD any more, just HA! Just don't know what to do :( I'll be going to the docs tomorrow, just don't know how I'll manage to calm myself down tonight.

littleme92
25-05-15, 01:38
If it helps, I have had very bad stomach pain recently. The doctor examined me for appendicitis by pressing on my stomach. She said it would be very tender and sore when she pressed if it was my appendix. Does it hurt when you press? If not, I doubt its that but you could always see a doctor to be on the safe side :)

GingerFish
25-05-15, 01:53
Nope it doesn't hurt to press at all. I've prodded my abdomen all day and never felt anything from touching it. It just seems to hurt when I lie down or move or stretch certain ways.

CookieCat
25-05-15, 02:53
People who have had it have always told me that you basically collapse in sheer agony with appendicitis, you can't do a thing!

I'm not an expert but it sounds like a urine infection. The cloudy urine and pains in that certain area. Drink plenty of water and the Doc might give you a tablet for it. Again this is just my thoughts on it.

Hope you feel better soon :yesyes:

GingerFish
25-05-15, 13:42
Managed to calm myself down after last night after getting some sleep. I'm now over the fear its appendicitis and almost sure its an UTI. Couldn't get a docs appointment for today so will try again tomorrow. The pain isn't too bad and still comes and goes, I've noticed it gets worse after peeing. It doesn't hurt or sting to pee but my lower belly and back ache and cramp after peeing.