PDA

View Full Version : MS or anxiety?

Lillymummy
24-05-15, 20:06
Hi

I'm looking for someone who's had a similar experience to me as I'm making myself go crazy worrying I have MS

Basically I've had Ms like symptoms for 5 years now,tingling in hands and feet, weird sensations around my body,aches in legs. My question is, could anxiety have caused Ms symptoms for 5 years?!
I've never felt anxious up until now since the possibility of Ms has come back again so I find it hard to believe that anxiety can cause all these symptoms and for so long!

I had a brain Mri 5 years ago when it all started which was clear and I've had another one in the last week which was also clear. You think I'd be happy with that but I just can't shrug off this feeling! Admittedly since it's all come to a head again my symptoms do seem to have got worse and there's def anxiety related issues going on now too.

I'm waiting to be seen by neuro and go has started me on sertarline.

My mum has Ms and I watched her world fall apart because of it and my dad walk out on her because she has it. It's my worst fear to have it.

Gary A
24-05-15, 20:20
An MRI would certainly show signs of MS or any other nuerological deficit that would cause your symptoms. The fact they are clear certainly suggests your symptons are caused by anxiety.

Lillymummy
24-05-15, 20:22
The problem is I know too much about Ms , because of my mum and I work in healthcare. I know it's hard to diagnose and doesn't always show on scans.