PDA

View Full Version : Throat cancer fear after quitting smoking.

JustBenn
24-05-15, 22:36
Anyone else get this fear when they have quit smoking?

I have a sore throat, and I quit over 5 days ago, and I can't help but think about throat cancer,

Only been smoking since January on and off, some times 2 a day, sometimes every week or so. I havent got addicted to it yet.

Just wondering if there is anything to worry about now?

Tessar
24-05-15, 23:41
First off, well done for quitting smoking. That was a very good decision to stop.
I suggest never going back to it, ever..no matter what.
If you are tempted, come back and read your post below.

In terms of worrying about having smoked for the last few months...
Well you have quit now. That is the single most positive action you can take.

As regards any harm you may have done.... move on.
Kick the thoughts into touch just like you have done with smoking.
Don't dwell on the whys and wherefores of the situation. You're talking what, a few months here. Not decades. Instead... go about living life. Make the most of each day. Be kind to yourself. Live as healthy a lifestyle as you can and enjoy yourself.

Don't get sucked into the HA thing. It is not worth it!!! I guarantee it will only drag you down. If you notice HA trying to suck you in... Tell it to GO AWAY. Say to it "you are not welcome". I am stronger than you.

Like I say.... Find a more positive focus. I am sure that people giving up smoking have altered sensations of certain kinds but really its best to focus away from how you feel physically (by the way I believe it to be entirely normal for some changes in your throat etc after quitting).

So think of this as a very positive step and decide to change your focus because you can make that decision.
And give yourself a big pat on the back for quitting.

:-)

JustBenn
27-05-15, 21:49
First off, well done for quitting smoking. That was a very good decision to stop.
I suggest never going back to it, ever..no matter what.
If you are tempted, come back and read your post below.

In terms of worrying about having smoked for the last few months...
Well you have quit now. That is the single most positive action you can take.

As regards any harm you may have done.... move on.
Kick the thoughts into touch just like you have done with smoking.
Don't dwell on the whys and wherefores of the situation. You're talking what, a few months here. Not decades. Instead... go about living life. Make the most of each day. Be kind to yourself. Live as healthy a lifestyle as you can and enjoy yourself.

Don't get sucked into the HA thing. It is not worth it!!! I guarantee it will only drag you down. If you notice HA trying to suck you in... Tell it to GO AWAY. Say to it "you are not welcome". I am stronger than you.

Like I say.... Find a more positive focus. I am sure that people giving up smoking have altered sensations of certain kinds but really its best to focus away from how you feel physically (by the way I believe it to be entirely normal for some changes in your throat etc after quitting).

So think of this as a very positive step and decide to change your focus because you can make that decision.
And give yourself a big pat on the back for quitting.

:-)
Thanks, glad I did quit early on, glad I wasnt addicted either, I havnet had the urge to smoke since, I've tried to forget it, but now I'm convinced I have throat cancer, I swear I can feel little circular lumps around my neck on both sides, and I have a bit of sore throat as well as cough and I feel that food isnt going down, and my voice sounded a little deeper today, I'm only 21, I know I could get cancer at anytime, but could the few months of smoking did something to my throat, I'm trying to focus on other things but its still there waiting when on non busy days.