PDA

View Full Version : whats peoples bank hol plans

gregcool
25-05-15, 10:06
Just wondering what you guys are doing for the school holidays this week...my parents have gone away for a week and another member of my family gone away for a week....its been so long since iv had any kind of holiday...

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 12:06
My brothers gone away yet again...he's always going somewhere! He's got the right idea though, sod the money and enjoy life!

I haven't had a holiday in maybe 5 years now due to all this. Inbetween my first breakdown and later relapse I did get myself back to a reasonable position. I was back in work and it wasn't long before I started going on holiday again. It was mostly ok, just some anxiety on the way and then a whole load on the way back which wasn't pleasant but the next ones got easier.

I can't add anything to your thread about this week, Greg, all weeks are the same to me really but just wanted to say hello mate.

Have you got anything planned?

gregcool
25-05-15, 12:12
Same as you terry.been about 5 years since i had a holiday to..i guess its exciting days in doors for me and you mate..

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 12:17
Yeah, but being a bank holiday you can normally blank out to a medley of Ben Hurr, Spartacus and maybe even Barrabus! Thats gets rid of most of a whole day alone.

I will be out for my usual walk later though.

gregcool
25-05-15, 12:22
Yea plenty of old films mate.im watching columbo..love them.seem most of them by now..got up early today so went down and done my tesco shoping.and like you,i will go for a little walk latter if the weather holds out..head phones on .

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 12:26
Yeah, I've watched my fair share of them. I used to like watching Frost as well. I guess its the somewhat fragile detective that seems more human but always wins out and is underestimated because of how he conducts himself.

It looks like its going to be ok weather at my end, just a bit cool in the night.

Sometimes getting out early is the best way to push through the morning anxiety or it tends to linger later in the day.

feelthelove
25-05-15, 12:48
We have just started going away for weekends we went the Nottingham in the traveldoge for Mothers day with my son daughter in law and grandson , it was lovely .

Today we're having a barbecue with family round , we have an above ground pool which we have heated up and sod the money ha ha we deserve some enjoyment .

The weather looks okay so fingers crossed hope it stays fine .

Whatever you do i hope you both have a peaceful and enjoyable time , if i could you would be invited to the barbecue xx

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-15, 12:55
I would be fishing out my trunks as we speak! :D

Sounds nice. I know you love spending time with your grandson. I used to really love spending time with mine, very good memories. I've always thought that children seem to bond with grandparents in a different way to their parents and the relationship is more fun as you don't see them in the authoritarian role you see your parents in.

Have a nice day.

venusbluejeans
25-05-15, 13:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

gregcool
25-05-15, 13:07
Weekends away sounds lovely.i used to do that when i was married..and having a pool sounds great id get my trunks out to..havnt been in a pool for so long.i love bbqs to.love the social side of it and a few drinks..lovely.hope you have a nice day,sounds like you will..weather hear is overcast but not cold.my parents have gone away today for the week with 50 other people from there home.there in sheltered accomadation.they do it every year..wish i was with them.nice daytime activities and caberet at night with a nice meal and a drink..

meche
25-05-15, 15:08
I'm enjoying a well deserved lazy BH Monday after weeks of always having to be somewhere! Yesterday was the last thing on my social calendar for the next few weeks :D. Visited my parents this morning, had a mooch around town & now just sat reading & watching a bit of TV while eating a huge bag of Doritoes! Back to work tomorrow & lots of circuit training this week but only 7 weeks till my holiday so on a countdown & getting very excited! xx

gregcool
25-05-15, 16:06
Good for you meche.spunds like a plan.you deserve it.a nice rest then a nice holiday to look forward to..

Sam100322
25-05-15, 19:26
I've been working all weekend it was my turn to run things was a good weekend just wish I was out in the sun enjoying it instead of watching people buy there beer and bbq stuff lol

gregcool
25-05-15, 19:46
I can see that sam how you feel you are missing out..shame..someone has to work tho..good for you.now get a bottle of wine and watch britain got talent