PDA

View Full Version : septacemia

panicstricken
25-05-15, 16:40
Heya all, im just wondering if anyone knows what a and e blood tests look for, i have been feeling woozy, with heart palpatations, facial numbing, dizziness , spikes in blood pressure etc . I ended up on a and e, i have recently had surgery And am concerned about septacemia, blood clots etc, i had ecg, chest xray and blood test done one doc was going to keep me in the other released me, im a little confused and scared as i still feel awful any insights would be helpful thanks guys for your never ending support.

Panicstricken:ohmy::weep::wacko:

Davit
25-05-15, 19:42
I always feel like crap after surgery, but septicaemia you would know for sure. The area would be very hot and painful and if it oozes it would stink. The area of infection always oozes because although septicaemia is in the blood the area of infection won't heal and it busts out there. I've had it a number of times, wait for the tests, white cell count is very high with septicaemia. 28 if it is very bad. under 10 is normal, under 13 if you have arthritis.

Daniele_T
25-05-15, 19:58
You'd have a temperature...an uncontrollable one possibly in the low 40s Celsius.

Delirium and shaking would also be normal.

If you have sepsis you know about it...or sometimes you don't because you're tripping your tits off with delirium and fever.
It's severe.

panicstricken
25-05-15, 20:19
Heya davit thanks for your reply xx i had bloods done in a and e yesterday and the doctors didnt say anything, but when i asked they said they were fine, but wouldnt give any details, im sorry to hear you have had this before, but also relieved that you are still here:D my dad had it and died after a heart transplant, so my anxiety kinda spiked after my surgery and feeling like crap. I hope you feel better soon thanks so much for your kindness and understanding

wubu
25-05-15, 20:30
I had a Pilonidal Abscess last year and this was also my fear. However I had a fever and was soaked in sweat, my heart was at about a constant 120-140bpm and I felt very very very poorly. Every time I wee'd it stunk of the infection. The type of infection I had makes its way out so I was able to give a good squeeze! I was on antibiotics for 1 week prior and then IV antibiotics for 24hrs and then another 2wk course of antibiotics..... I still didn't know if I had sepsis or not but then they didn't tell me much because I was so anxious which didn't help my heart rate.

Septicaemia isn't something you think you might have, you'd seriously know it.

Daniele_T
25-05-15, 20:31
i did mention in a different post the other day that reactive protein is a common test in a&e, it shows inflammation in the body and can pick up many different issues.
Sepsis would surely be something that bloods can show.
I won't worry you by giving the possibilities but if you get a fever then don't waste time and go back to hospital.

It pretty much is the telltale sign of infection that the body is fighting.

Best wishes
Daniele

panicstricken
25-05-15, 21:06
Thankyou all so much for your replies, i am booked into doctors tomorrow but will keep an eye for the things you mentikn at the mo my temp is 36.5 so normal i wish i could get iver this health anxiety im 31 but constantly worry about health it was blood clots tge othef day its exhausting. Thankyou for your never ending support guys it means a lot xx:D