PDA

View Full Version : OKAY ..now im scared!!!!!

looking4answers
26-01-07, 22:05
I ask the question about the tenderness behind my ear...and read about tmj I think that is the reason but well I also had it deep in my ear last night.Its not a crippling pain but enough to where you don't want to lay on that side.Now when I touch it doesn't hurt and well the ear does get hot at times but nothing more than maybe like when you are in cold weather and come inside .I take a tylenol and it goes away.The real reason Im concerned with this is that this is the side that I hear my pulse on alot.I had a friend that said it could be Mastoiditis and I read..yes I looked it up and thats not a good thing but I don't seem to have the things commonly associated with this..I think the tmj is a good candidate at least I should hope so.I then told my friend that i had tmj and she immediately said that I was thinking of that but didnt know you had it .Yes it could cause that.This is about the third day i have had this but it doesn't seem to bad and really only noticeable when I lay my head down But I become more aware of it if I lay on that side.I just worry because it seems that its associated with the hearing the pulse in my ears thing..It just bothers me..If you have any ideas please don't hesitate to tell me..The reason I looked the first one up was because she made it sound so blausa like it was nothing.Well another lesson learned don't look it up. .Again..but anyway just wanting so what you guys thought?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

kazzie
26-01-07, 22:43
Hi Ya

Im not a doctor but it sounds like an ear infection to me!!!

Why not see your doc and see what he thinks????

luv kaz x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

looking4answers
26-01-07, 23:15
Just saw and ent and they didnt find anything.. at all nothing. and its not been that long ago..I would bet on the tmj perhaps.I hate going to the doctor again and well its said that this causes the muscles of the face and the jaw to be pushed into the ear and all kinds of weird things to happen..although for over a year i have had issues with this ear maybe two..and the ent didn't find anything so what can I do..go back and him tell me its tmj or anxiety ..Or just take a chance it will show up now..Its just all makes me ill thinkng if it could be this or that . im just so tired of it all ..

joelhall
26-01-07, 23:33
I know it sounds silly but when was the last time you cleaned your ears. I had a problem like this before, and my ear was full of wax, probably from a mild infection that I didn't even notice! After I cleaned them it also got rid of a problem I had with dizziness.

looking4answers
27-01-07, 01:23
Ok..sorry to bother anyone about this all ,but still dont know what to make of the sweets thing but had our nurse friend stop by and we were talking..Come to find out she didn't know i had tmj..She said thats it...Right here and now almost everything you have ever told me your felt is attributed to that.Its a not a minor condition and even causes depression..So well just thought I would mention that to anyone that has read my post that would find they had the same symptoms.Its even been known to commonly cause hearing my pulse as wel ..so I guess that solves everything except knowing my heart is ok .. thanks for writing and responding and your thoughts..