PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms...here's my list, see how you compare.

Daniele_T
25-05-15, 20:25
Think of this as a challenge if you wish (although it's not).
I have lived with anxiety and panic for many years and at times worse than others...for the past year it had been really bad but I'm working on it.

I've had recent egg and bloods which were fine.
As hard as it is to convince myself that everyday the symptoms are just pent up anxiety....here they are.

Dizziness.
Jaw pain
Stabbing pain in the nostrils and face.
Headache
Lower back pain.
Arm pain mostly left arm.
Chest pains
Stiff neck and neck pain
Shooting and dull muscle pains at different times.
Calf and knee pain.
Tingling fingers, hands, feet.
Palpitations, fluttering heart beats, several or more skipped beats, single heavy missed beats, strong and prolonged beats.
Stomach cramps.
Frequent urination, especially when under immediate stress.
Tiredness and weakness.
Unable to sleep for more than a few hours at once.
Difficulty getting to sleep.

Then there's the silly things that I notice like pale finger nails, pale skin during panic, marbled skin with red lines, inability to concentrate, restlessness etc

I'm sure here are others to add which I can't think of immediately but I'm pretty sure on a regular basis that I'm pretty much ready to drop dead any second....it seems to be taking a long time.
In spite of all such bull**it issues that anxiety gives me I do still manage to hold down a decent job and get things done..not as much as I'd like but I will not let it paralyse me.

I hope this list helps some people and please feel free to compare and add to it.

Best wishes to everyone who is fighting anxiety, depression and panic or any combination of such struggles.

Daniele

Sam123
25-05-15, 20:42
Pretty much 90% of yours i have had/have. I also work full time and have always found i am much better when i am out and about in terms of health anxiety and the symptoms i get/worry over.

Far worse when at home allowing my mind to wonder.
I am recovering and am in a much better place than i was 6 months ago, although anxiety symptoms are still present i tend not to dwell on them anymore. I think quite a lot of mine were caused by other things as well, poor diet, lack of exercise and lack of sleep. There are things we can do to improve our health instead of focusing on terminal illnesses that we don't have, but it;s very hard.

I hope this helps people realize just how common these symptoms are

Dizziness.
Jaw pain
Headache
Lower back pain.
Arm pain mostly left arm.
Chest pains
Stiff neck and neck pain
Shooting and dull muscle pains at different times.
Tingling fingers, hands, feet.
Palpitations, fluttering heart beats, several or more skipped beats, single heavy missed beats, strong and prolonged beats.
Stomach cramps.
Frequent urination, especially when under immediate stress.
Tiredness and weakness.
Unable to sleep for more than a few hours at once.
Difficulty getting to sleep.
All over muscle twitches
Numbness in face/head

Dazza123
25-05-15, 21:30
Im sure other 'normal' people get exactly the same symptoms, yet because they do not suffer with anxiety, just brush it off and not even notice. Such a shame we are hyper aware of everything that happens within our bodies and react the way that we do.

I can see all of your list, and raise you blurred vision that I currently have :D

I hope we all get better soon!! :winks:

Sam123
25-05-15, 21:47
Im sure other 'normal' people get exactly the same symptoms, yet because they do not suffer with anxiety, just brush it off and not even notice. Yep. Agree

kelly12
25-05-15, 23:05
I would also like to that list the contant butterfly feeling all over body and the shaking/Trembling inside feeling. I have this every single day and cant get rid of it.:weep: