PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was over this health anxiety.....

Mrs worryworm
25-05-15, 22:28
In January this year I was never off this site, I was never away from my doctors surgery and truly believed there was something awful wrong with me that doctors were missing. Looking back on myself then I can see that I was neurotic and in a constant heightened state of panic

What I did was beg my doctor for the contraceptive pill, I have pcos and my period will come whenever it likes which could be once a year or every second month with no warning. This last episode of me freaking out about my health happened at the same time as I got a period. A week after I was much calmer and started to wonder if my anxiety was connected to my hormones.

The doctor put me on cilest. I have now been on it for 4 months and been anxiety free until now......

I didn't even realise it was reoccurring, and I'm still not that bad but it's creping in. This week I've been worried about chest pains, getting diabetes, going blind, have a spot on my bum, have a little pimple on my nipple and tonight all of a sudden I developed a very itchy red rash all stound my neck and really freaked.

Has anyone ever had this? Either months anxiety free for it to come back? Or a connection with hormones and anxiety

Thank you

Mrs worryworm
25-05-15, 22:50
Thank you Paul, I'm definitely going to try and nip this in the bud right away and not even feed the fears by googling symptoms I know that there is nothing good to ever come of doing that. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

swajj
26-05-15, 10:42
Yes I have. I had a break of approximately 10 years. I was anxiety free for the majority of that time. I don't know why it came back. I suspect it was always lurking there waiting for the conditions to be right. If I hadn't beat it before I would doubt my ability to beat it again. Sometimes I do anyway. You beat it before so like me you know it can be done. :)

feelthelove
26-05-15, 11:41
I've always had HA i hate it and no matter what i do to try and stop worrying if something is wrong or i think is wrong i can't settel until i find out if i am okay, its horrible and its one thing after another .

I suppose its always there to be triggered off becuase i too have had times during my life where i was so much better than i am now , i have never been anxiety free its always been there my mum has no time for me i would never share my fears with her i would rather dwell on them and share with my husband and then run to the doctor .