PDA

View Full Version : help please really scared

ella32
25-05-15, 22:57
I am freaking out was just sitting watching telly when had really bad sharp pain around right side just around side of breast and it has really scared me. Is it all muscle tension cause I do slouch . Need some reassurance please

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Anyone....

Gary A
25-05-15, 23:22
Our bodies are noisy machinery, they creak and grind at times. Having a sharp pain in any area that comes and goes is almost certainly muscle or nerve related. Its because of the area affected that it stands out more. If, for instance, you got a shooting pain in your foot, you'd go "ouch, muscle cramp". Get a shooting pain in your head its a brain tumour, or near your breast it's breast cancer.

Of course, the head and breast are just another arrangement of nerves and muscles, so why do we instantly think the worst? It's just what anxiety does, we all hear horror stories about brain tumours and breast cancer, but hey, whoever heard of foot cancer, right?

If it keeps up then see your doctor, but I think you shouldn't worry yourself, we all get aches and pains from time to time.

ella32
25-05-15, 23:33
Thanks Gary. Was freaking out really badly. My biggest fear is heart related or fear of impending heart attack been like that for a while even though I've had tests done and they fine. Just had a very stressful weekend so it mightnt have helped. It's a cycle I can't seem to break. Any kind of chest related pain terrifies me cause my thoughts automatically turn to worst case scenario.x

crazymum25
25-05-15, 23:43
Ella I understand totally sometimes we do jump into the worst case picture I do it 75 percent of the time .... I think its fear of the unknown and sudden for me !! But listen life is hard enough .... Try focus on day too day tasks. Cooking cleaning fussing over your children or animals or family ... Take it slow think too yourself right have I had this pain before!? And if you have try not too worry and if you haven't don't jump see if the symptoms fade away if they persist then go too go for reassurance but anxiety does trigger so many things .... Physically n mentally peace love n light crazy mum by name and certainly in nature x

Gary A
25-05-15, 23:49
Yeah, you're focused on the area so anything there is going to make you jump higher. Our brains and bodies have a way of doing that to us. You're fine, don't worry.

ella32
25-05-15, 23:52
Thanks.xx