PDA

View Full Version : Fear of blood clot

LauraWoo84
26-05-15, 00:06
Hi all

So last night I complained of an ache at the front of my leg on a vein and then tonight I have read an article about a 21 year old girl who died of a blood clot which is such an awful tragedy.

Symptoms include breathlessness and unexplained pain in leg which I have both. I'm not as mobile as I would like to be but I have been for two walks today but does this still put me at risk of getting a blood clot. I am so scared right now

crazymum25
26-05-15, 01:06
Laura are you aching .... And have pains in your chest stall ?? Coughing ?? Or being sick?? X

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

I really do not think it is a clot but it could be a vain or trapped nerve maybe even sciatica but if you are having a fever or coughing .... Or flu like symptoms in anyway then go too the hospital they are trained in dealing with this medical aspect unless you are feeling considerable unwell I really wouldn't threat .... I do not think it is its unlikely please do not panic x

LauraWoo84
26-05-15, 01:13
Yes I am aching and have been since last night.

I feel hot to touch, but feel cold. The vein is really visible and I'm scared to fall asleep. All of this is made worse due to my 7 year relationship coming to an end.i. Very vulnerable and emotional about it

crazymum25
26-05-15, 01:47
Is the leg hotter than the other ..... And yes emotional stress is hard I know sorry about that ... Really am .... Have you taken painkillers ?,

LauraWoo84
26-05-15, 05:18
It doesn't seem to be hotter. I'm only allowed to take paracetamol as I have IBD and I must admit I only took two yesterday.

I'm frightened at the moment as I'm not sleeping properly and I don't seem to have control of my own thoughts or feelings anymore