PDA

View Full Version : Honesty, kindness, gentleness

Paxli
26-05-15, 08:51
Hi all,

First time here. I'm on holiday at the moment having a difficult time. I've had panic attacks for years and often on holiday. I don't think I'm a bad person (who does?!) and I know these will pass. I've actually not had any in a few years so maybe I should praise that rather than worry about a return. I think they've mainly been due to not speaking out about things that bother me. I'm kinda shy and very reticent to tell anyone about my anxiety. However when they come I need support just to get through this bout.

I only have an iPhone so can't get on the chat page. Does anyone know a chat place that works on iPhones? I'd really like to be live with people.

In the meantime, if anyone has any strength I could pull on, just to help me through a difficult few days, I'd be so grateful. Just say hi and let me know I'm not alone, that's enough.

With love and kindness and gentleness.

venusbluejeans
26-05-15, 08:57
Hiya Paxli and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

newme
26-05-15, 17:42
Just popped in to say Hi and Welcome to the support group.

Paxli
27-05-15, 08:05
Thanks guys (n girls),

It's less bad this morning. Catching up on sleep clearly helps. Have a wee three year old and normally I love sports ending time with him but it's so tiring dealing with panic that this holiday isn't quite what he would have wanted.

I wish I could get on the chat page but it doesn't work on my phone.

It's weird - I'm scared thT if I told people the truth it would give them power over me somehow. Maybe years of bullying have made me over cautious. Makes me less inclined to share. But I do want to say thanks to everyone who said "hi". Knowing I'm not along makes such a massive difference.

Thank you for being so kind.