PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad cold now I'm starting too panic

crazymum25
26-05-15, 18:50
Ok I no I have a cold .... A Bad one sneezing etc ... But I read the paper about a girl who died of a blood clot healthy woman only 21 years old I now am thinking the worse how do I actually get over this and think logically . I hate this feeling I now have sweaty feet going hot n cold !!!! I just want too live my life ! Any relaxing tips !!!

feelthelove
26-05-15, 20:08
for a start stop reading about people who have died of diseases if you see something like that skip it , what we read has an effect on our minds so just don't read them.

The way i try to relax is listening to my favourite music or watchinc comedies and laughter is good medicine .

Sam123
26-05-15, 20:09
Hi, Yesterday's post from you.

Ok people I log into Facebook what do I see ??? Brain anarazyim a poor young girl at age 22 died in her sleep from one after her graduation no symptoms just a slight headache due from stress so she thought !! So yeah you guessed it in scared under the weather myself lately and tired now I have a headache !!

Firstly as you already know these occurrences are extremely rare, and what most fail to report is that there would have been some underlying illness that the person was unaware of. (A person who doesn't go to the doctors) most probably.

You're NOT that person, you've had tests, probably more than many. Try to think rationally. Out of all of the people(which isn't many) who have randomly died at a young age from either a blood clot or a brain aneurysm, how many of them do you think were googling there symptoms and asking on a message board about blood clots/aneurysms?

I'd go as far as saying none. You have a cold, the most common ailment. It may be a bad one, stress does not help. Try to concentrate on HELPING your body your immune system, as that is your protection.
Lots of water, good healthy food, enough sleep and relaxation techniques.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 21:24
I'm trying but I haven't been doctors for a few days and certainly not since this cold come on ... My ears head hurt pain in my leg shooting pain in my bum cheek aching under eye sore ... And my nose keeps crackling .... Don't know why ... Finding it hard too think rationally

crazymum25
26-05-15, 22:03
I'm drowning clearly and I don't see the light now !!!! So um facing it the fact that I'm just going too die and I'm just sitting in a dark room waiting now I'm scared but I can't run away !!

lyndau63
26-05-15, 22:06
Try to calm down. You were very helpful to me yesterday so I would like to return the favour. I always find distraction the best tactic but if you cannot do that what about the camomile tea you suggested for me? Don't think I am being much help but thought I should say something. Sam's advice sounds good to me.

Dazza123
26-05-15, 22:21
Crazymum, I can understand your situation. IT must be very tedious for you, thinking you are about to die every 5 seconds, so what you need to think about is, what can you do yourself to get yourself sorted out? Decide what help you think you need, and then get it. Go to the doctors and tell them you think you are going to die every day and you cannot live like this and demand that they help you immediately telling them you cannot take it anymore.

No one here can help you, they can offer sympathy and empathy, but thats it, and this isnt going to help you sadly.

crazymum25
26-05-15, 22:40
I'm doing edmr brain retraining and therapy but I can not take medication now I'm solo frightened I've given up most foods .... Sugar.... Tea.... Coffee ... Anything with caffeine in it ...fizzy drinks no longer drink any form of booze .... I can't even excerzise anymore but I walk a hour a day .... I won't get in a car ... Too scared .... Oh and I won't pick up calls just text .... Everything is becoming a health hazord too me.I know its stupid I won't even be left alone anymore .... Got too the point where I'm just being a mum but that's about it and with this cold n pains n headaches are just taking me over and beyond right now !!! Kids asleep .... They are not knowing what's going on but I do n I feel like I'm burst

crazymum25
26-05-15, 23:14
Paul I'm not Alone I have a huge family I'm currently staying at I have support from a loving mum dad brother .... Good close friends too ... Thank you I would never allow my daughter too see me destressed or upset I'm always around people who care I'm fortunate like that believe me .... My daughter safe sound asleep with her Granny .... Upstairs I'm sitting in a dark room tho waiting !!

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I have my own flat that I can't stay in of course I'm with family doll you think I would allow my daughter too see this no way she's my priority big time .... Thank you I understand it's me WHO's going under not my children she's asleep with granny upstairs I'm in a dark room on the sofa my brother checking on me every hour and my dads in the spare room snoaring his head off ... I've been lucky I have good support system and very Good close friends too I'm.lucky I know but I need my independence back fully too be a better mum in the fact she needs me better stronger but I would never allow my child too see this

crazymum25
26-05-15, 23:17
Paul if I could tell you I would ... Its like I feel like its my turn .... All these symptoms etc .... Its ok you should go bed don't allow me too stress you out .... Have a good nights sleep x

Lilac58
27-05-15, 17:32
I don't have health anxiety, but I've sat in a dark room full of fear enough times, so I hope you got through the night with at least some sleep.

Do you feel that the therapy is helping you? Was it arranged by your GP or were you referred to a psychiatrist who made your diagnosis? It sound as though you are being left without adequate support which is unacceptable.

It can be hard to stand up for ourselves when we are vulnerable, but you are worth it. Can you see you GP as soon as possible and stress that the treatment you are receiving so far is not good enough. There are clear guidelines to be followed for MH conditions .

Hope today has been a better day :)

crazymum25
27-05-15, 18:42
No I'm paying private because my go doesn't think that because im not suicidel that I'll be ok !!! I'm paying 60 a week on treatment myself at the minute not on medication because I can't take painkillers I doubt I'll be able too take other things .... I'm a worry wort no haven't slept stall today or last night keep checking my pulse eating loads of food tho !!!!