PDA

View Full Version : HA ruining my entire life now - help

Help1989
26-05-15, 23:23
My anxieties are ruining my life. I have a few health issues that are actually getting to me a bit (chronic fatigue syndrome, endometriosis) I don't worry about them too much it's just I'm going through a rough patch with treatment and symptoms etc.
I think the actual knowing that I have health issues is sending my HA into overdrive. My gp said that because I've had symptoms of things in the past, then been diagnosed with conditions, I'm always expecting a bad outcome.
I also had a few irregular smears that needed treatment and I'm only 25.
As you might have read in my previous posts, I'm so so worried about moles at the moment. I've got so many that have been looked at but there are a few that I haven't had a chance to show the dermatologist. I know my gp won't refer me there again.
Can anybody shed some light on what to do next?
I can't enjoy myself. Even when I'm not specifically worrying about my health, I just can't enjoy myself. I'm miserable around friends and family and I'm lashing out. I feel like my mind has got into a habit of being miserable, waiting for that next wave of panic. I'm putting on weight and I'm just not myself. I'm not overweight at all but I just don't feel normal... I don't have any motivation. I know having chronic pain and fatigue conditions like I have can cause this but I feel like my HA is making everything that much harder. I'm waiting on a phone assessment for talking therapy but that's no for a few weeks, then who knows when my first session will be.
I feel lost and lonely. Should I go back to my docs? How do I deal with my worry about my moles? I know you all don't have the answers because we're all delaling with the same complex issue. I think I just needed a rant and maybe some advice? Im not even sure if this post will make sense :doh:
X

LauraWoo84
26-05-15, 23:51
Help, you are not alone as a fellow HA sufferer I relate to you. I have IBD but still remain convinced the factors have missed something. I have a fear of dying but I am in despair if my life is to continue to be this way, as you know it's not much of a life.

Talk to someone you trust about how you feel as sharing a thought can take a huge burden off your shoulders even if it is only short lived until the next wave of panic. Are you reading any self help books about anxiety etc I can recommend a number of them to you. I would also advise the app headspace for those really intense moments of anxiety and it will help you to retrain the way you think things.

Don't ever feel like you are on your own because you are not, I am here if you ever need to talk. You cam pm me