PDA

View Full Version : Doctors results so scared!

John87
27-05-15, 12:40
I am currently at work waiting for my doctor to phone over some blood results that the receptionist couldn't give me a response on. Been waiting since yesterday, I am so scared something is really wrong. Everyone is telling me it's fine but I am struggling with this today as it won't be long.

I really hope everything is ok. Sorry guys just needed to vent!!!!! :huh:

Annie0904
27-05-15, 12:51
There is nothing worse than waiting, hopefully you will get to know soon. :hugs::hugs:

Adamelmo
27-05-15, 14:53
Waiting for results or even a parcel plays on peoples minds to much. I know I'm bad for it.

I work for the NHS myself and be aware that clinics or departments and GP's can have a large number of results come in daily and its about prioritizing whats important and needs to be dealt with straight away and those who can wait that extra bit longer because its all normal.

I would say to try your best to not thing about anything negative regarding you waiting for results and just think about how busy they are and there just making sure they do everything correctly before they ring you.

Good luck, im sure things are fine :)

Emilym80
27-05-15, 15:08
Hi Chris,

If something was really abnormal, I think you'd have found out by now and told to go to the clinic immediately. Waiting is so painful, though!

Best wishes :)

John87
29-05-15, 11:29
Thanks for the support guys, Dr just wanted to have a general chat with me about my results. Everything is fine and no problems, but wants me to go back in 6 weeks just to check everything is ok. He is quite supporting which is really great.

I just have to keep pushing myself to realise this is in my head and I am ok....even though some days are tough as we all know.

Emilym80
29-05-15, 11:40
Good on you, Chris. Must be a weight off your shoulders.

lyndau63
29-05-15, 19:55
Glad to hear all is well.:)